Morrison Springs is Dead

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cypress and everything in the Mill Pond will be fine, it takes ALOT for them to get blown out. Far more likely that the offshore stuff gets blown out :D

How do you get to Cypress? Is it too far to kayak?
Thats the only way I have been there, so no its not too far. Quite an enjoyable paddle trip too.

Shane allowed us to rent canoes and take them to Cypress last time! That was alot of fun! Steering them was another story lol! But very enjoyable! Is Cypress the Sunday dive?

Carolyn:sharks:

Cypress and everything in the Mill Pond will be fine, it takes ALOT for them to get blown out. Far more likely that the offshore stuff gets blown out :D

Hey now don't spread bad JU JU on the offshore trip! LOL1 Let's pray for some good water! If it's bad then it's a day at Vortex!

Shane allowed us to rent canoes and take them to Cypress last time! That was alot of fun! Steering them was another story lol! But very enjoyable! Is Cypress the Sunday dive?

I was planning on driving back home after Saturday's dive. But if anyone is diving Cypress Sunday morning I'm game.

We've planned on diving Cypress on Sunday morning since the inspiration of the Spring-SpringFest thread :)

:D All Right!

Stopped by today and took some more pictures. They've made some head way with the boardwalk cutting into the trees. It's starting to curve towards the spring. Are they still planning on an observation deck above the spring? There's also a building structure going up where the old pavillion was. Not much else has changed. The gate was locked again.

Morrison Construction Photos - April

Ok so, yesterday I received a phone call from the Commissioners office. Was unexpected but I was very happy to talk to them.

I expressed the concerns that us divers have and she told me that they have no itention of putting the boardwalk over the hole. I also told her that if they did, us divers wouldn't get to enjoy our dive because we would be picking beer cans out of the water the entire time.

If memory serves me, she said that they have cut down maybe 1-2 trees, which IMO is really good considering the length and width of the boardwalk.

I asked how divers would be accommodated as far as getting close to the water is concerned, she didn't have an answer for that. However from looking at the boardwalk myself, it looks as if it should be semi easy to get in.

She also stated that they have had many agencies come out and give suggestions on preserving the natural setting. Which I'm thinking is why the boardwalk goes down the side of the basin and not directly into it.

Their whole reasoning behind putting the boardwalk in was erosion to the entrance.

Back
Top Bottom