Morrison Springs is Dead

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The few times I have dove Morrison in the past, I was always struck by the (mostly) unspoiled nature of the area. While gear set up benches are nice, I would have preferred it to remain the same. I really think the area features one of the top cavern dives in the state. I always cursed the sheriff who had the cave dynamited for his lack of foresight.

obviously I don't mind my truck getting scratched up (if anyone has seen my tailgate, they know what I mean).

obviously I don't mind my truck getting scratched up (if anyone has seen my tailgate, they know what I mean).
There is nothing bondo and some paint cant fix on that tailgate! (Ok so maybe a sledge hammer would work better)

... Doesn't matter I suppose. If the road isn't passable, the spring won't be divable. ...

I never went back to where they plan to have the boat ramp but I did ask the county folks some questions while plans were being made. The road that people "normally take" runs across private land. You have to be a friend of the lady who owns the property in order to cross her land. The county said they could run a road on their own property but that it needed a bridge in high water times. I'm not sure if this information helps but it sounds like you got the right road.

I never went back to where they plan to have the boat ramp but I did ask the county folks some questions while plans were being made. The road that people "normally take" runs across private land. You have to be a friend of the lady who owns the property in order to cross her land. The county said they could run a road on their own property but that it needed a bridge in high water times. I'm not sure if this information helps but it sounds like you got the right road.

Good info SeaYoda!

Now when you see some crazy woman chasing divers with a shotgun, we'll all know why :rofl3:

Fish food.. it's been a good 20 days since your last update, have you been on site lately? If so, what kind of progress did you see, if any! =)

Also, do you know where one would call to get permission to dive it? With the Vortex Springfest coming up on April 19th & 20th, I'm sure many folks would love to get permission to dive from the regular water hole entrance.

Some people dropped by to peek at Morrison on March 29th during our last checkout trip. The boardwalk (which is far less intrusive than I had been led to believe) was in the process of having railings installed. I don't know what progress has been made in the parking area, as I don't know in what state it previously was, but it's still not even close to flat. :biggrin:

The interesting bit was apparently the "plateau" above where the old roof and "benches" were. It's a nice flat space (don't know what it may eventually become, if anything), and the retaining wall is apparently 10+ feet tall or so on the spring-facing side.

Some people dropped by to peek at Morrison on March 29th during our last checkout trip. The boardwalk (which is far less intrusive than I had been led to believe) was in the process of having railings installed. I don't know what progress has been made in the parking area, as I don't know in what state it previously was, but it's still not even close to flat. :biggrin:

The interesting bit was apparently the "plateau" above where the old roof and "benches" were. It's a nice flat space (don't know what it may eventually become, if anything), and the retaining wall is apparently 10+ feet tall or so on the spring-facing side.

:useless:

Thanks for the update Clay!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom