Men Posting in the Women's Views Forum--good or bad??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
piikki:
About the time to fight it again with new faces, don't you think.

I don't think there's ever a reason to fight. As for the debate on should men be allowed to participate, no. I think the decision was made, it should stand. At the time, of the decision, all of us men stayed out of the decision making process. The women members overwhelmingly decided we were welcome here.

(to no one in particular) So what would be the problem if there was a women-only forum for women who wanted such a thing in, while the existing "women's views" forum stays as it is? That way, any women who wanted input from men could get it, while those who don't can speak to each other more discreetly.

trigfunctions:
(to no one in particular) So what would be the problem if there was a women-only forum for women who wanted such a thing in, while the existing "women's views" forum stays as it is? That way, any women who wanted input from men could get it, while those who don't can speak to each other more discreetly.

Some men and some women would go ballistic? And more work for staff making it happen, explaining the grounds of the decision and sanctioning the offenders. The usual.

trigfunctions:

like a secret womens business forum???

i notice we dont seem to have a gay or trans-gender forum.... if we did, i would support it plus i would like access as it would be educational to know what other divers face in regards to problems or questions but i dont think it is necessary as in the end it is about the diving and not being gender specific isnt it??.

so let the men view and post... as a person that posted a thread in the gal forum the majority of responses were male and they assisted me greatly.

cheers

Men and women are very different animals. The more the differences are studied by scientists, the more disparate they are perceived.

My perspective is that there should be 'all men's clubs' and 'all women's clubs'.

The so called feminists have nearly obliterated the men's clubs, and that is a shame.

Women should have their own forum on SB; and so should men.

:coffee:

wow..Tonka, I agree.

and just think, that from a man who doesn't want little girls to play with make up! :D

I feel really bad that men are not allowed to have "men's only" anything anymore. It's embarrasssing the double standard we demand.

(I personally don't feel the need to talk only to women.)

Women are way more harsh on each other than anything most men would dish out. The thought of going in a forum with only women is a bit frightening.(but, I wouldn't have to..so it's fine)
One to one, or in a group, women are pretty great. Get them together in a pack with no witnesses, all sorts of "show me your throat" posturing.

Both sexes seem to behave better in mixed company, IMV.

My daughter attended an all girl's school for a year. It was disturbing, how girls act together, in the absence of any male energy. Way over the top.

So how do we get men's only forum going? It would be great to get all the pee value chats off the main forums. I think the guys would like that too. Some times there are things even men don't want to talk about in front of the gals.

leah:
So how do we get men's only forum going? It would be great to get all the pee value chats off the main forums. I think the guys would like that too. Some times there are things even men don't want to talk about in front of the gals.

HUH!

whats wrong with the pee valve talk - other than the pee valve envy i suffer?

woman have sons, brothers,whatever-is male that dive also so they might want to ask or research just as much as the male diver with a teenage daughter who wants to know if its ok to dive during menstration.

I'll talk about anything to anybody. No subject is taboo. Seriously. I grew up with 4 sisters, so, nothing quote/unquote female is going to phase me. And, being male, and raising 2 teenage sons, I am pretty sure that I can handle myself there.

I'll talk about anything. Ad nauseum.

So, why all the closed doors and hush hush? What, exactly, is so embarassing about diving that you can't discuss it here? Especially what with this being a more or less anonymous system.

So what if guys can read and comment on it.

I think people are overthinking this stuff.

lol. "Show me your throat"

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom