Men Posting in the Women's Views Forum--good or bad??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
we could have a man's point of view forum too

so ... did you tip that cow?

dude, i did

no way, dude

dude, i did!

(six weeks later)

the pictures are NOT fake, dude

dude they are

H2Andy:
we could have a man's point of view forum too

so ... did you tip that cow?

dude, i did

no way, dude

dude, i did!

(six weeks later)

the pictures are NOT fake, dude

dude they are

Dude. Some of the world's finest cow tippers are women.

See though? I don't think men are the only ones guilty of this type of inspired, yet, um, less than topical banter.

You post your question, you wade through 33 banal (but, often, admittedly, funny) posts to get to the answers that you wanted.

That's internet forums. And, honestly, I think, what makes them so useful and popular. It works. Don't restrict it by chromosone.

OHGoDive:
But, isn't that the nature of the venue? It's hard to offer any sort of "protection" here. Male, female, or otherwise. Are you sure the issue is one of male/female and not just one of wishing to have a forum where inappropriate (deemed by whomever is able to actually make that sort of judgment, and matching each original posters own judgment.) comments are blocked? Such forums exist, but, Scubaboard doesn't really operate that way. For anyone.

Once you post on a public forum, you sort of have to expect the bad with the good. It's up to you to filter them into their appropriate piles.

And, really, the idea that women need additional "protection"? I don't think that is going to go over too well with quite a number of other women.

I agree with you. If you scroll a bit backwards you can see what I meant with "protection". It's maybe a bit stronger word than I meant. I'd like the obvious offenders to be banned quicker from a certain forums, the ones that everyone can see are blatantly just arsing around, making personal attacks etc.

I certainly do not think we can make this place all pinky, gooey and pleasant. And I certainly do not expect someone else to do all the work for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom