Medical form for dive op?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

brsnow

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi, I have been diving for quite some time. I did provide medical forms when taking classes and certifications. For the first time a dive op we will be diving with in Cozumel would like a medical form. I will provide it, just never come across it before. Is this unique?

Hi, I have been diving for quite some time. I did provide medical forms when taking classes and certifications. For the first time a dive op we will be diving with in Cozumel would like a medical form. I will provide it, just never come across it before. Is this unique?
Nope. Some so, some don’t.

Yup, it is unique. I've been diving with charter operators for over 16 years now. Not once have I been asked for a medical form. Personally, I would not provide one. A liability release I understand, requiring a medical form is unacceptable. I would find another operator.

It's less common in the US than elsewhere. Australian dive ops ask for a completed medical form, if I recall.

For the first time a dive op we will be diving with in Cozumel would like a medical form.
Can you name the op. and if possible provide us a webpage link to show the form, if it's available online?

I'd like to make sure this is what we think it is, but if so and that's all there is to it, some divers might prefer to pick another op.

Can you name the op. and if possible provide us a webpage link to show the form, if it's available online?

I'd like to make sure this is what we think it is, but if so and that's all there is to it, some divers might prefer to pick another op.
It is the same form from DAN and identical to the one I filled out for stress/rescue with SSI last month. I am waiting to hear back via email before I mention them. I also plan on diving with them, just was a new request for me.

I haven't come across it on the day charters I've taken in the SE U.S.

Yup, it is unique. I've been diving with charter operators for over 16 years now. Not once have I been asked for a medical form. Personally, I would not provide one. A liability release I understand, requiring a medical form is unacceptable. I would find another operator.
What do you mean with: "Unacceptable"? Can't operations decide their own house rules?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom