Medical form for dive op?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yup, it is unique. I've been diving with charter operators for over 16 years now. Not once have I been asked for a medical form. Personally, I would not provide one. A liability release I understand, requiring a medical form is unacceptable. I would find another operator.
what? a medical release is required for all OW classes, i'm pretty sure. so you wouldn't go to an instructor requiring a medical form? good luck finding one...

yeah, and if something happens to the diver due to an undisclosed underlying medical condition, the op can't be at fault. it's on record that the diver omitted that info and said they were fine to dive.
Bull ****!
It’s just a piece of paper, whoever has deeper pockets is winning in court.

I really don’t care if a shop asks about medical history, there’s people People with all sorts of medical conditions diving

what? a medical release is required for all OW classes, i'm pretty sure. so you wouldn't go to an instructor requiring a medical form? good luck finding one...

No, you misunderstood the OPs question. This is a dive op. A charter boat. NOT a certification course.

i know. i was just giving an example of a setting where it's widely used

Two different things. In one you are asking a paid professional to take on the personal risk of training you to perform a dangerous activity. In the other you're asking for a safe ride to and from a dive site.

Two different things. In one you are asking a paid professional to take on the personal risk of training you to perform a dangerous activity. In the other you're asking for a safe ride to and from a dive site.
i guess i'm thinking that in a case of severe injury or death, it is possible for a dive op to be held liable for an accident that wasn't their fault. they "transported a diver to a dive site without doing due diligence to ensure they're fit for the dive" or something like that.

Some ops provided a DM as a guide, I know it’s rare in south Florida unless you hire them, but a shop should know if you’re gonna go nuts under water and try to kill their DM or kill yourself, so if you answer truthfully, they’re duing their due diligence in asking, again, just a piece of paper and people lie.

Some ops provided a DM as a guide, I know it’s rare in south Florida unless you hire them, but a shop should know if you’re gonna go nuts under water and try to kill their DM or kill yourself, so if you answer truthfully, they’re duing their due diligence in asking, again, just a piece of paper and people lie.

The ops that put a guide in the water make it clear they are a GUIDE, not your buddy nor your personal DM. YOU are assuming the risk inherent in diving. All that’s in the release.

i guess i'm thinking that in a case of severe injury or death, it is possible for a dive op to be held liable for an accident that wasn't their fault. they "transported a diver to a dive site without doing due diligence to ensure they're fit for the dive" or something like that.

Most liability releases require you to state you are fit to dive. That’s all that should be required.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom