Proof of medical insurance to travel to Curacao?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We are at Marazul now and there was no requirement for medical insurance. There is a clinic next to the airport that can see you the same day for any medical needs and they take credit cards and give you documentation for reimbursement from your insurance provider.
Porto Medico.

I saw that Curacao requires medical traveler's insurance. Our regular health insurance covers our medical when we travel internationally and I printed the page that states that. Will that suffice? Thanks to the poster that shared filling out e-immagration ahead of time too!
It's never been asked and has never come up. You're good. Have fun!
Would love to know if there are any must-do land activities for almost 13 & 15 yr olds! They are interested in beginning surfing too...though I'd rather spend most of our water time on scuba! Any tips welcome! Thank you!
Surfing is VERY spotty on Curacao. The breaks aren't exactly "beginner friendly" a lot of the time even when it is decent, but you might get lucky. Prime surfing there is in the summer and the north side of the island. Dive days are a much better bet! :) Enjoy!

Back to the insurance question which I think has been answered that it is not required I never travel out if the country without having a supplemental medical policy. And on dive trips with Dan coverage. I would be surprised if your typical us health plan covers you overseas.

Back to the insurance question which I think has been answered that it is not required I never travel out if the country without having a supplemental medical policy. And on dive trips with Dan coverage. I would be surprised if your typical us health plan covers you overseas.
Before purchasing supplemental insurance, check with your US policy to determine what they consider out-of-network

For me, all of international is considered out-of-network. The only caveat is that you must start any treatment through the ED

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom