ugh...getting a training medical form

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I’m not really all that interested in whether or not people lie on surveys
You just said the survey "should" ask whether the respondent is lying.

It seems to me you're not actually interested in any of this at all, and you're just playing. Well, have fun.

I think it's important to remember that the medical form is not asking a doctor to certify that you are fit to dive. No doctor in his/her right mind would sign that. The form is asking for an opinion from the Doctor as to whether or not they are aware of any conditions that they would consider incompatible or contraindicated for recreational diving... I just think there's a difference.

To me the most onerous part of the form is about taking ANY prescription medications. For example, at one time I used to take Zyrtec for seasonal allergies and at that time it was prescription only. I still use the OTC generic that's still the exact same stuff......but don't need to mention it because it's no longer a prescription.

And lastly.......maybe I just am not seeing it....... but I don't see anywhere on the form where it states how long this form is valid for once signed by a doc?

Attachments

• SDI_Forms_16_Medical_Questionnaire.pdf
    869.2 KB · Views: 73
I think it's important to remember that the medical form is not asking a doctor to certify that you are fit to dive. No doctor in his/her right mind would sign that. The form is asking for an opinion from the Doctor as to whether or not they are aware of any conditions that they would consider incompatible or contraindicated for recreational diving... I just think there's a difference.

To me the most onerous part of the form is about taking ANY prescription medications. For example, at one time I used to take Zyrtec for seasonal allergies and at that time it was prescription only. I still use the OTC generic that's still the exact same stuff......but don't need to mention it because it's no longer a prescription.

And lastly.......maybe I just am not seeing it....... but I don't see anywhere on the form where it states how long this form is valid for once signed by a doc?
12 months from the date of the signature, if the form is part of a class.

I believe that is the training agency standard, the form itself does not, to my knowledge, set an expiration date.

the form doesn't state how long its valid. However your agency would provide guidance in some other document - e.g. PADI IM states
"Medical clearance from a physician is valid for one year.
Note: Medical requirements may vary from country to country, consult
your PADI Regional Headquarters." It also notes "
Have a student diver who becomes ill or injured during a
PADI course complete a new Diver Medical form before
further inwater activities. Use the medical form screen to
determine if the changed medical condition would cause
the diver to check off something new on the form. If so,
the diver must be cleared for diving by a physician prior to
resuming inwater training."

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom