Maltese court convicts dive buddy

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So expeditions searching for ancient shipwrecks isn't exploratory diving.

Based on your impeccable credentials, I'll have my lawyer remove the word "Exploration" from my NGO the Hellenistic Archaeological Exploration Society. I'm sure the Director of Ephorate of Underwater Antiquities will concur.
I'm a little confused by his use of the term Exploratory. Commercial usually doesn't seem like exploratory, unless you're doing some kind of underwater search. Is cleaning boat-hulls exploratory? What about underwater welding?

So expeditions searching for ancient shipwrecks isn't exploratory diving.

Based on your impeccable credentials, I'll have my lawyer remove the word "Exploration" from my NGO the Hellenistic Archaeological Exploration Society. I'm sure the Director of Ephorate of Underwater Antiquities will concur.
Try getting in a bit of real diving you might learn what it means to be a buddy.

I'm a little confused by his use of the term Exploratory. Commercial usually doesn't seem like exploratory, unless you're doing some kind of underwater search. Is cleaning boat-hulls exploratory? What about underwater welding?
You'll have to get out of the local quarry to find out.

GoodCooperativeIbadanmalimbe-size_restricted.gif

Try getting in a bit of real diving you might learn what it means to be a buddy.
I can't imagine what you'd say about the divers in Diving into the Unknown.

You'll have to get out of the local quarry to find out.
I'll let you know when I have 5000 dives staring at the underside of boat-hulls while rescue-divers are on stand-by waiting for me to pull the bell-on-a-rope. Perhaps then I will be know what it means to be an explorer and a true buddy!

75ce8660-554c-479a-85f5-241abb47aa0b_text.gif

I'll let you know when I have 5000 dives staring at the underside of boat-hulls while rescue-divers are on stand-by waiting for me to pull the bell-on-a-rope. Perhaps then I will be know what it means to be an explorer and a true buddy!

View attachment 755158
Internet clown

It must be a real burden to be right all the time because you have to go to such great lengths just to prove it to everyone else.​

Buddy separation is a mistake by one or more divers. The entire buddy or standby system depends on being able to monitor the diver 100% of the time. If that doesn't happen the system has failed.
I'm new to this thread, came across this post and I gotta say.. with the end of the year rapidly approaching this one immediately climbed to the top of my "top 10 list of absurd posts" for 2022.

This guy is either a non diver and/or troll or just really freaking ignorant. I'm leaning towards troll because of other inflammatory statements by the same person but whatever.

If you look through a camera lens or take a peek at your spg your attention isn't on your buddy. If you look at a pretty fish or shine a light under a ledge your attention isn't on your buddy.

If you monitor your progress along a coral reef or a swim through or inside a shipwreck and you take a moment to glance at the structures you're swimming near or through or in between so as not to crash into them, you're not monitoring your buddy. Especially if *gasp* one of you goes around the other side of a coral head or enters a wreck through a different opening or briefly enters a different compartment to take a peek.

If you're trying to get a tickle stick behind a lobster as you coax it forward to catch it in a net, you're not watching your buddy..

If you're looking for the boat as you approach your entry point, or you're navigating with a compass- you're not looking at your buddy.

If you're working with a reel and smb to deploy it at the end of a drift dive, your attention will not be on your buddy.

ETC ETC

There's no such thing as 100% buddy monitoring unless you stare at your buddy throughout the entire dive with an unwavering gaze. And don't blink or even think about clearing your mask!

Oh and I feel bad for the guy who got convicted for the death of his buddy. I just took out my SDI Solo card and gave it a big fat KISS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom