Maltese court convicts dive buddy

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Give it a break I'm just back from Croatia there's none of islands I couldn't dive from,

You were diving illegally!! You are BUSTED! I am reporting you!!!

Where are they
Greece is one country. Ask Bob Hollis about his friends who found the Greek navy waiting for them. They had all their equipment confiscated.

You were diving illegally!! You are BUSTED! I am reporting you!!!
Maybe he was diving on the job. Would it still be illegal there? I really don't know, never having dove in europe.

Give it a break I'm just back from Croatia there's none of islands I couldn't dive from,

These are just permanent areas where individual diving is prohibited. You have to add a bunch of archeological sites. Wanna try again?

Attachments

• Pravilnik_o_obavljanju_podvodnih_aktivnosti, NN 47-99, 23-03,52-03,58-03.pdf
    141.5 KB · Views: 62
If someone asks to buddy-dive, and I remember, I'll grab a curved-mirror from my save-a-dive kit. It's one of those stick-on-wide-angle mirrors used for cars, with some bungie through it to make a wrist-band. It helps a little, mostly being able to look without breaking trim or twisting around.
Oh for goodness sake, didn't you know that you should mount wing mirrors on your mask on either side of your light and camera :wink:

Oh for goodness sake, didn't you know that you should mount wing mirrors on your mask on either side of your light and camera :wink:
Wait, doesn't everybody put rear view mirrors on their dive mask like cyclists put on their bicycle helmets?

Wait, doesn't everybody put rear view mirrors on their dive mask like cyclists put on their bicycle helmets?
On a less silly note, I did just buy a camera+light+mount to help out my friend's YouTube channel, and was thinking a small 3-inch mirror would fit there. (Aside from helping my friend, normally I'd prefer to not dive with a camera, but that's another topic).

On a less silly note, I did just buy a camera+light+mount to help out my friend's YouTube channel, and was thinking a small 3-inch mirror would fit there. (Aside from helping my friend, normally I'd prefer to not dive with a camera, but that's another topic).
I actually find that particular hand mirror more useful than others, as it has a slope, so I don't have to bend my right hand as much. It is nice to monitor divers behind me.

You just spend the last several pages criticizing anyone who ever lost sight of their dive-buddy for even a moment, but are talking about a completely different style of diving.

You're not talking about buddy-diving in the way nearly all of us understand diving,

Yup we are not tethered to each other or being watched by crew as Mac writes.

When I was in Bohol, diving with a regular dive buddy and a DM, I was ahead of them and slightly above on a wall dive. I saw a nice clam in an overhead cavity that went into the wall. I incorrectly assumed they saw me go in. Nope, it was like wtf where is Avai? He's gone and vanished.

Well they look around first down the sandy slope seeing if any bubble trails, nada, zip. They ascend to the top of the wall where the reef flattens out with a sandy sea bed at around 8m depth, nup cannot be seen no bubble trails. They descend back down to the 15m depth we were at and pass by below the cavity I was in. I take some photos and video and come out of the overhead and drop in behind them, but not very far from them. My regular buddy looks behind and sees me and we give each other the OK sign. Back on the boat we chatted about my magician act.

I explained where I was and why they could not see me yet they were only several yards away. There was no panic by the DM or my buddy. The DM and my buddy both know I take photos or video sometimes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom