Maltese court convicts dive buddy

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are admitting on this public forum that you did at least once fail to monitor your buddy 100% of the time.

I ask the Jury, Guilty of attempted manslaughter? Shall He be prosecuted to the full extent of the (mumble, mumble)?

(Revealing my inner Perry Mason)
I have ( monitored my buddy 100 % of the time otherwise your not doing your job)

That's how I trained, the standby monitored the diver in the water 100% of the time and I never seen any reason to monitor them less than 100% of the time. That's why it works 100% of the time,

You are going to turn into that Naked diver guy in the other thread that was closed recently, maybe you are the real him :p

• Bullseye!
Reactions: L13
Bulshit! I guarantee you looked at your pressure gauge at least once in 5000 dives!
The standby is ashore or on the boat why would they need to look at a pressure gauge

That is not what you said originally:

So again: Have you ever not monitored your buddy 100% of the time?

So far (knock on wood) I have never lost a buddy either, but any diver who is honest will not claim to have monitored their budy 100% of the time!
Same here. I've never completely lost a buddy yet (needing to surface to reconnect), but I'll lose sight of a buddy for 5-30 seconds about a dozen times on any given dive in low-vis. And I'll probably look away for a moment at least 100 times, given that means I'm actually checking on my buddy about 100 times in a dive (which sucks).
This is what I use. I highly recommend it. It does work with low viz as you just need to see their light. If you can't see their light, then bag the dive.
When I say low-vis, I mean muddy water not low-light.

I may grab that hand-mirror! I'll have to think about how to integrate it into a sort of "gauntlet" I'm building. I could just clip it to the gauntlet, and then move it to my hand after being underwater, if I intend to use it.

You are going to turn into that Naked diver guy in the other thread that was closed recently, maybe you are the real him :p
Don't tell me I'm a troll.

That's how I trained, the standby monitored the diver in the water 100% of the time and I never seen any reason to monitor them less than 100% of the time. That's why it works 100% of the time,
For that matter, how did you ever get any work done as a commercial diver if you never looked away from your buddy to get some work done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom