LP Prices no longer a Bargain?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We will match or beat anyone's price, including LP. You can call 281-240-3483 or e-mail tim@sugarlandscuba.com

Aside from price there are a couple of things LP does better than its competitors, in my opinion:

A superior website; searchable, sortable, and well organized.

Comprehensive inventory. Pretty much anything you want--they just need to add Atomic.​

In fact, price has not been my principle motivator for buying from them--it's just extremely easy.

Bought the G-250V/MK25 and R395 at a really good price back in March. Heard that Leisurepro is now authorized ScubaPro dealer. Went to register my gear on ScuabPro website. Told me I can't since it was bought before they became an authorized dealer. What a scam! I don't get it. I thought the reason ScuabPro regulates who sells their products is to make it safe for the diver. I guess I was a chump thinking that. It is all about the $$$$$. What is the difference if they sold before they officially became a dealer? Yeah well now you can't get a deal on ScubaPro products. Sad when the industry looks to the more $$$$ than the welfare of the diver.

Vino21 don't worry about it I have never rebuilt any of my sp regs with over 500 dives on all of them and dive them to over 200'.

Plus this is just fair you did buy before internet sales were authorized by SP.

MAP doesn't make sense to me ... why shouldn't a merchant be allowed to determine their own price for selling a product? That's how it works in [-]every other industry[/-] some other industries ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Fixed it for you.

Without discussion of whether MAP/MSP is "right" it is the reality in many industries and with many products/brands including bicycles, watches, clothing, sporting goods, housewares, appliances, electronics, cameras, computers, furniture, and many, many other things. (Try finding an iPod being sold for less than MSRP.)

Bought the G-250V/MK25 and R395 at a really good price back in March. Heard that Leisurepro is now authorized ScubaPro dealer. Went to register my gear on ScuabPro website. Told me I can't since it was bought before they became an authorized dealer. What a scam! I don't get it. I thought the reason ScuabPro regulates who sells their products is to make it safe for the diver. I guess I was a chump thinking that. It is all about the $$$$$. What is the difference if they sold before they officially became a dealer? Yeah well now you can't get a deal on ScubaPro products. Sad when the industry looks to the more $$$$ than the welfare of the diver.
Does APPLE Computers worry about your welfare?Does any industry? why should they? They produce a product you agree to buy it.Unless there is a major design flaw that makes it unsafe who cares..Only mommy worries about your welfare,no one else.As it should be!
You purchased it at the grey market price..that means no warranty..now that LP is authorized I am sure you have seen price increase on same product..that added cost pays for warranty,which has changed and is not as valuable as it was a few months ago.very disappointed in scubapro here.

Last edited:
Money! It is all about making money. LP is in business. LP thinks that they can make more money using this model. Period!
We have been shipping gear to CA, FL, TX, RI, GA, NY and many other states this passed month.
The feedback that we have received is that our prices are by far the very best.
As a Scubapro platinum dealer, we are able to out compete even the big boys.
We are a small SCUBA store ( 1,000 sq. ft. w/o a pool ) and very low overhead.
The stage is set. David & Goliath.
If you are interested in the best deal on Scubapro gear PM me.

Maybe there needs to be a who has the best price on SP gear thread, so everyone can get quotes then in the end the dive shops will get together and regulate prices instead of SP and then nobody can blame SP anymore.

Back
Top Bottom