Pricing mysteries at AKR, from DEMA, SB Invasion, their website….

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The CCV/AKR cost difference is so small (either way), other considerations should take precedence for any consumer.

These two world-class resorts are priced so similarly that the gross cost is irrelevant.

When I did my initial research in 2015, seemed like CCV was quite a bit more expensive. Now it appears to be a wash. It seemed like CCV was harder to find availability then as well.

Reactions: Doc
Sorry, maybe I misread that a 7 night dive package in 2023 was 2835/pp (~5700) or key delux?

The key delux on honeymoon is 3442 per couple...

He said "An increased Rack Rate of $2835, “discounted” to $1549. ". Nobody pays rack rate. It's a made up number to make the actual price charged seem like a deal.

When I did my initial research in 2015, seemed like CCV was quite a bit more expensive. Now it appears to be a wash. It seemed like CCV was harder to find availability then as well.
In 2015 that was true. AKR was giving away the resort stay as it was an accounting maneuver supported by their flood of Cruise Ship CASH. It’s all in the pencil. Now, that no longer works, thus the exit from BOGO.

Honduran tax laws are looser than US. In Honduras, you can claim that ‘loss’ discounted from even a hallucinogenic Rack Rate as if it was really real.

THE PUNCH LINE:

So, today, the AKR (pie-in-the-sky) ‘2023 rack rate’ was bumped-up slightly by +5%, then instead of 50% off BOGO, it’s a 45% off “sale”, resulting in a 10% overall increase over 2022. Better accountants please fix my math, I’m off by a few pennies.

CCV
just did a straightforward 2023 4% rate increase over 2022. (Even I can ace that math question!)

To your point of availability- CCV is maxed out at sleeping of 75 pax, AKR rez says they’re at 112. But, I believe there’s more to tight CCV availability than that simple raw maximum capacity number. Like at the Cold Smoke BBQ trailer- the Beef Burnt Ends really sell out fast.

I hadn't looked at Roatan since my visit in 2017. AKR and CCV appear to cost nearly identical amounts, of course CCV is lower during off season. Turquoise Bay appears to be the least expensive, includes alcoholic beverages, but no shore diving. For me, it's the airfare that makes this destination more expensive.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom