Alkin W31 vs Bauer Oceanus E1 - A Review

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey Rob, thanks for the tip on the Lawrence Factor chart. I found it under "Heat Wave" on the LF website. And I remembered that Alkin sent me an email that the 50 hours was based on 20 degrees C... Which is 68 degrees F. From the chart, if I'm running my Alkin in 80 degree F temps, multiply the 50 hours by .65 and I get 32.5 hours. That's still a LOT of filter life but the chart fills in something specific instead of "filter life will depend on temperature and humidity."

Interesting that the chart shows MUCH more filter life if I run at temperatures BELOW the 68 degree baseline. If I run at 50 degrees F, I multiply the 50 hours by 1.81 and get 90.5 hours!

LF Filter Life

Home Made Moisture Checker - A friend on another forum came up with this.
Moisture02_8bZQVf8DXeYorwLU284SiB.jpg
Hi SurfLung.
Happy Christmas. Lucky for you its a friend on another forum and not your idea.
My stand on this contraption you won't like but first consider the required application and put the above idea down to these clueless farm hands on the paintball and airgun forums.

Anyhow can you first check the written details on your photo I think it's going to be another China import selling kitchenware out of a warehouse in Brea California called DrynDry also better known by another name. If so we can kick off 2024 with a bang.

Hey Rob, thanks for the tip on the Lawrence Factor chart. I found it under "Heat Wave" on the LF website. And I remembered that Alkin sent me an email that the 50 hours was based on 20 degrees C... Which is 68 degrees F. From the chart, if I'm running my Alkin in 80 degree F temps, multiply the 50 hours by .65 and I get 32.5 hours. That's still a LOT of filter life but the chart fills in something specific instead of "filter life will depend on temperature and humidity."

Interesting that the chart shows MUCH more filter life if I run at temperatures BELOW the 68 degree baseline. If I run at 50 degrees F, I multiply the 50 hours by 1.81 and get 90.5 hours!

LF Filter Life
I really strive to fill below @ or below 50F, anything lower is a bonus (but above 30F to keep anything from freezing). It's amazing when you punch in the numbers and realize that heat eats through a filter ridiculously fast.

The way I've run mine on paper I can get close to 2 years. At 50F the inlet at the filter would be theoretically 68F and my filter nets 20,000cf @ 68F. I have also used a infrared gun and my tower only raises by about 11F over ambient, so that's better then what LF figures into their calculations.

I also never depressurize the filter tower. I have seen some people do that, no idea why?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom