Little girls and makeup

Am I an old fuddy duddy?

• Yes, get with it.

Votes: 17 14.0%
  • No more than I am.

Votes: 104 86.0%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

shark.byte.usa:
I never said anything about "sexual", how'd you come up with that?

My daughter always played imaginative games, still does, but make-up was never allowed to be a prop or more concisely it was never furnished so it was never an option.

So do you think little girls who are allowed to play with make-up and finger nail polish at an early age are more apt to want to use it earlier than girls who are never introduced to it? I would guess YES.

-Garrett

No, the other posters were referring to various items being sexual. I'm not sure how playing with make-up indicates not being happy with oneself, at least at 3 years old.

Times are different than when I was growing up. Playing with make-up did not make me want to use it earlier. My parents set the rules for when make-up use (not playing with it - different alltogether) was appropriate. It is entirely possible that children of 3 years old (or 11 years old) can interpret the wearing of make-up as an enhancement to their unacceptable appearance in today's society. But I'm old, remember . . . .

Anyway, if the "playing" with make-up has an effect on a child's self esteem, I'm against it. Disclaimer: I don't have children - I just was one once a long time ago.

OK I agree 3 yo is too young to interpret is as anything other than playing. I do think the caregiver overstepped her bounds (I hope it was a her, or it just be creepy) . I didn't pay the high preschool/daycare costs for my daughter, so they could play with make-up. I don't think it's the parent's responsibility to lay out every single boundary, some should just be apparent or at least run it by the parents first.

Walter:
I don't believe the issue here is makeup or not, the issue is a teacher overstepping her authority. Parents should make these decisions one way or the other.

Big Gold star!!!!! That is exactly the point of the thread!!!

It doesn't matter what we choose for our own children (so long as it is within the boundaries of the law and we feel our own morals are in check)....

ELASTICA - CONNECTION???

they look like guys to me... not that theres anything wrong with that

edit: just googled.. they are chicks? hmmmm - i need glasses

the drummer's a dude

didn't have a crush on him...

not that there's anyhthing wrong with that

:wink:

it's not so much the look as the attitude

:wink:

Andy - If you'd gone to my preppy, preppy high school, you might have been the only one who liked my tons of black eyeliner and army surplus clothes...:blinking:

right on!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom