Little girls and makeup

Am I an old fuddy duddy?

• Yes, get with it.

Votes: 17 14.0%
  • No more than I am.

Votes: 104 86.0%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Missdirected:
The girl who is banned from wearing make-up is going to. Wether you like it or not.

Just to clarify, I'm not talking about banning make-up. I'm all for introducing it in the right manner and at the right time.

But, in my book, for someone that the girls look up to (teacher) to be painting up two-year-olds and talking about how 'pretty' it is (implying that they aren't pretty without it), is wrong.

O2BBubbleFree:
Just to clarify, I'm not talking about banning make-up. I'm all for introducing it in the right manner and at the right time.

But, in my book, for someone that the girls look up to (teacher) to be painting up two-year-olds and talking about how 'pretty' it is (implying that they aren't pretty without it), is wrong.

Hmmm, my nieces see me, and god love them, they tell me all the time how beautiful I am. That is with or without make-up. Now when they were younger they wanted to "play make-up". Again, I think it is the tone you set. Heck you can put chapstick on their lips and they aren't going to know the difference, until they are older. If it is something they are inquisitive about or want to play, I don't think a down right no is the right answer.

These girls are going to have babysitters, teachers, etc. They are going to inquire. We trust these people with our kids. How are we to know they are not making the right statements when putting some gloss on? I know I most certainly did with my nieces. We don't know this teacher implied to the child she was not pretty without the make-up.

I just feel when they are inquisitive or asking you must respond and communicate. Not wait until you feel like broaching the subject. Note to, making something big, out of something that in the child's mind is insignificant, is no help. Communicating with the child is.

Just my lil thoughts.

I don't believe the issue here is makeup or not, the issue is a teacher overstepping her authority. Parents should make these decisions one way or the other.

almitywife:
cant tell by your avatar... youre a gal right??? :D

(and yes, im being cheeky!)

Ha! Very funny! (Yes, I am a girl - well old gal would be more like it)

Missdirected:
Oh and I wear thongs and don't see a darn thing sexual about them. They are a functional clothing item. Now just like granny panties, I could go buy some fancy ones... :mooner:

Thongs...same design as g strings...staple of strippers and sex professionals. Thongs are of course in vogue now, and boyfriends and husbands love them. Victorias Secret exploits this sexualized market. No problem for adults.

For toddlers and children, forget it! I would be calling Child Protective Services!

:11:

tonka97:
For toddlers and children, forget it! I would be calling Child Protective Services!

Again, this is an issue for the parents to decide. Why would you be looking at a child's underware in the first place?

Walter:
Again, this is an issue for the parents to decide. Why would you be looking at a child's underware in the first place?

You obviously failed to read the thread's posts.

It was a thought exercise, demonstrating the absurdity and inappropriateness of sexualization of infants, toddlers, and children.

I work with children and deal with Child Protective Services about once a month or so. My mandate is to protect children, and be alert to abuse and exploitation issues.:coffee:

You are mistaken. I've read every word in this thread. Underware choice is not abuse of children, although taking a peek certainly can be.

wow, you guys have moved on to thongs on kids.........:no
I think that when my daughter approaches that idea, my wife will just tell her
they are not really comfortable, and when you turn 18 and move out of our house then you may buy whatever you want.
Some parents need to learn a few responses like.....
your kid say's why? Y is a letter in the alphabet
your kid say's but... butt is what I paddle......

While I want my kids to be free thinkers, they need to have a firm grip on our values,
belief's, moral principals and all around good citizenship. When my kids have a good understanding of those, then we will start nurchuring the free thinking.
Until the time they comes home from college spewing liberal crap learned from a professor, then they learn how to make a living and pay for college on there own!:D

Walter, your post is unworthy of a reply. Sorry. Also suggest spell check.

Thread topic: applying make-up to a 2 year old without parental consent.

This is NOT-OK!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom