Late night quick meal near Casa Mexicana

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

A lot of restaurants close around 9pm or 10pm.

I think he's referring to the cultural difference where Americans typically eat dinner between 6-9pm and Mexicans eat later starting 9pm. So the takeaway is if you want to eat an early dinner then maybe seek out a restaurant that caters to tourists and if you want to eat a late dinner then look for a restaurant that caters to locals. In this case, many of our recommendations (Los Tacotales, Los Seras, etc) cater mainly to locals although they have developed a significant follwing among seasoned travelers.

I don't know that a lot close that early, maybe midnight but you get back on 30 and stuff is open till midnight or 2am - the other night a full house at 3:30am at one place lol

Reactions: MMM
I don't know that a lot close that early, maybe midnight but you get back on 30 and stuff is open till midnight or 2am - the other night a full house at 3:30am at one place lol

Few touristy places open til midnite. A glance at gmaps:
Casa Cuzamil 10:30pm
Cerv. Punta Sur 10pm
La Choza 9pm
Casa Denis 9:30pm
La Mission 10pm
Kooben Lab 9pm
Rock n Java 10pm

My experience is it's not uncommon for a place to close early if business is slow and Mexico is not the kind of place you can wedge your foot in the door a minute before closing time and get served.

Few touristy places open til midnite. A glance at gmaps:
Casa Cuzamil 10:30pm
Cerv. Punta Sur 10pm
La Choza 9pm
Casa Denis 9:30pm
La Mission 10pm
Kooben Lab 9pm
Rock n Java 10pm

My experience is it's not uncommon for a place to close early if business is slow and Mexico is not the kind of place you can wedge your foot in the door a minute before closing time and get served.
All those places are open all day!! There is so many places that don't open till 2 or later... I always forget, you guys are in the tourist mode. It's 11:55 and chica just called for tacos delivered.

Taco Diaz, el Nero, Mr Taco, Las Seras, Los Oates, Caribe Burger and 500 other small name places all till midnight or later

Live here back in the city and drive around at 2am - there are families awake sitting outside bsing - sure some are partying but most just living normal life. It's hot here, a lot of living happens after 10 when it cools down.

All those places are open all day!! There is so many places that don't open till 2 or later... I always forget, you guys are in the tourist mode. It's 11:55 and chica just called for tacos delivered.

Taco Diaz, el Nero, Mr Taco, Las Seras, Los Oates, Caribe Burger and 500 other small name places all till midnight or later

Live here back in the city and drive around at 2am - there are families awake sitting outside bsing - sure some are partying but most just living normal life. It's hot here, a lot of living happens after 10 when it cools down.

You're kinda missing the point. Most tourists don't know about most of those small places. I never said there weren't places open late, I said that most of the places open late cater to locals "back in the city" not tourists.

'Ohana is open until midnight.

Thus why I used the term "few" not "all".

Thus why I used the term "few" not "all".
Did you think I was arguing with you? I wasn't; I was just tossing 'Ohana into the mix. I surveyed pretty much the same assortment of eateries that you did and saw the same published hours. 10PM was the most commonly shown closing time.

I'd hazard a guess that after 10 or 10:30 PM 'Ohana is mostly a bar.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom