Late night quick meal near Casa Mexicana

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I haven’t been to the parade in 6 or so years but I never thought it was crazy or out of control. That being said I am only 50 years old….

Coming at you live from Los Tacotales, waiting on my frijoles charros con pastor. Drama level was incidental, I’m please/sorry to say. Had to wait about 2 minutes for a float to pass, crossed the street, easy 10 min walk to CM, crowded half block at the end but no biggie. As soon as you’re 1/2 a block off Melgar the town is dead.

Coming at you live from Los Tacotales, waiting on my frijoles charros con pastor. Drama level was incidental, I’m please/sorry to say. Had to wait about 2 minutes for a float to pass, crossed the street, easy 10 min walk to CM, crowded half block at the end but no biggie. As soon as you’re 1/2 a block off Melgar the town is dead.
Was very quiet. Parade was small.

Parade was only 1 HR long. Definitely a lot smaller than previous years. No SOL girls for those who want to know...
SOL girls have been missing for the several years now😭
Looking forward to February 21 2023

Reactions: JFS
Most restaurants on Cozumel are open until 10 or 11 PM, aren't they?

A lot of restaurants close around 9pm or 10pm.

I think he's referring to the cultural difference where Americans typically eat dinner between 6-9pm and Mexicans eat later starting 9pm. So the takeaway is if you want to eat an early dinner then maybe seek out a restaurant that caters to tourists and if you want to eat a late dinner then look for a restaurant that caters to locals. In this case, many of our recommendations (Los Tacotales, Los Seras, etc) cater mainly to locals although they have developed a significant follwing among seasoned travelers.

...and if you want to eat a late dinner then look for a restaurant that caters to locals. In this case, many of our recommendations (Los Tacotales, Los Seras, etc) cater mainly to locals although they have developed a significant follwing among seasoned travelers.
Although it's good to know that Los Tacotales, et al, are open till 10 or 11, after diving 3 or 4 tanks this guy will be lights out by then :sleeping:💤

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom