Hotel Cozumel or Casa Mexicana

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It doesn't get busy for spring break.........
It gets busy for Semana Santa
I'm thinking about taking the family December 27th - January 5th. I know it will be packed, but will it be unbearably packed? I made the mistake of going to Cancun for Spring Break two years ago at my wife's behest, won't make that mistake again. We've been to CZ many times in June right after the kids get out of school and it's not bad. Last few trips we've gone in early May which is a GREAT time to go. Felt like we had the place to ourselves.

I'm thinking about taking the family December 27th - January 5th. I know it will be packed, but will it be unbearably packed? I made the mistake of going to Cancun for Spring Break two years ago at my wife's behest, won't make that mistake again. We've been to CZ many times in June right after the kids get out of school and it's not bad. Last few trips we've gone in early May which is a GREAT time to go. Felt like we had the place to ourselves.
I like going that time of year, and don't recall ever thinking it felt super packed. Can be a challenge these days to find reasonable prices for New Years Eve dinner events - worth booking ahead if you see something that you like. December-January tends to be a good time for eagle rays, yet be aware that it does seem more likely to have some windy days with port closures than when you normally go.

I like going that time of year, and don't recall ever thinking it felt super packed. Can be a challenge these days to find reasonable prices for New Years Eve dinner events - worth booking ahead if you see something that you like. December-January tends to be a good time for eagle rays, yet be aware that it does seem more likely to have some windy days with port closures than when you normally go.
Which is why we prefer Feb & March while avoiding Semana Santa if it's in March. Great weather, few or mild Nortes, still very strong possibilities of seeing multiple Eagle Rays... Of course, we're also gluttons for punishment and also often visit in August when it's extremely hot and humid and with the possibility of a hurricane (CFAR insurance for us is a must on those trips).

Just know that if you visit over the Xmas & NYE period, everything is much more $$$.

It will be busy and possibly more expensive, but it will be nothing like Spring Break in Cancun. There won't be hordes of drunken obnoxious college students jamming the streets all night. What were you thinking? :D

I would encourage you, though, to start thinking about hotel reservations well in advance, like maybe now, if you have some place in particullar that you want to stay.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom