Late night quick meal near Casa Mexicana

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

anchochile

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I know there are 9 million restaurant threads, but here’s a fairly specific scenario:

You get into Cozumel late in the evening and check into Casa Mexicana. By the time you leave bags in the room and are ready to get dinner, it’s 9pm or later.

Where do you go that is:
  • Open late on a Tuesday night (ideally past 9 or 10pm)
  • A 10 minute walk or less
  • Easy and fast - get some food and get back to bed before too late
  • Tasty and simple (no fancy restaurants, but high quality simple food)
  • Not along the waterfront because it happens to be the night of the carnaval parade and you are avoiding the drunken masses

El Pique and Los Seras are popular local taquerias that are just hitting their stride around 10pm. Not touristy and are super cheap. Both are on 30th Ave. Los Seras is closest to CM on 30th Ave between calle 3 & 5, maybe a 10 minute walk. Go to the right from the CM door, the first right go up calle 5 to 30th, go left one block. El Pique is another 4-5 blocks down 30th, just past Benito Juarez. It's more than a 10 minute walk from CM, probably a taxi ride is in order, but worth it.

I gave you the "simple" directions but google can show you a slightly shorter route.

I can also second Casa Cuzamil.

A few blocks back (East), away from most tourists, good food, very cheap prices (a little Spanish can help): CHILANGOS TAQUERIA, Cozumel - Restaurant Reviews, Photos & Phone Number - Tripadvisor

About one block back (East) and about 2 blocks North, not too touristy and pretty good prices for what you get (highly recommend the seafood molcajete [Molcajete Caribeño] if you like seafood -- feeds 2 hearty eaters):

My favorite taqueria is Los Sera's.
Great Pastor and Frijoles Charro and they do pizza (pizza is cheap but so/so). They do not have a liquor license but do not care if you bring a couple in with you. They also do delivery.

1653344916091.png

I know there are 9 million restaurant threads, but here’s a fairly specific scenario:

You get into Cozumel late in the evening and check into Casa Mexicana. By the time you leave bags in the room and are ready to get dinner, it’s 9pm or later.

Where do you go that is:
  • Open late on a Tuesday night (ideally past 9 or 10pm)
  • A 10 minute walk or less
  • Easy and fast - get some food and get back to bed before too late
  • Tasty and simple (no fancy restaurants, but high quality simple food)
  • Not along the waterfront because it happens to be the night of the carnaval parade and you are avoiding the drunken masses
It sounded easy peasy until your fifth bullet.

It sounded easy peasy until your fifth bullet.

Why? We've already given him 6 that aren't on the waterfront and I could probably rattle off 6 more but he's pretty much set for the week much less one night.

Los Otates would be another good choice, but I am not certain it stays open that late.

Oh wait I think it's now called Los Tacotales that @ReefHound mentioned. Great al pastor and posole.

Los Otates would be another good choice, but I am not certain it stays open that late.

Oh wait I think it's now called Los Tacotales that @ReefHound mentioned. Great al pastor and posole.

It's definitely open late. At least til midnite. I think til 1am. We have personally gone there after 11pm. The same people own the adjacent bar and you can sit there and order food. It's also one of the few places that have it's own secure parking area if you happen to have a rental car.

Back
Top Bottom