Trip Report Casa Mexicana & Jungle Divers Macro Hunting May 2023

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

One more question: what's the lunch on the boat like? We don't have any special dietary needs, but I wasn't sure if it was just cold cuts for sandwiches, or Mexican fare, etc.

I did some evening/night dives with them and they had roasted chicken, rice, chips, salsa, and cookies. All very good and enjoyable while watching sunset from the boat. Some did say they got a little heartburn/burps from the food, but that seems more an individual problem than the food itself. Just FYI for anyone thinking about it- may want to check what the menu is and plan accordingly.

Kimela, great report! How did you get from CM to the Jungle Divers boat? I see from their website they only pick up south of Fonatur Marina and CM is north of that. Did you get a taxi to and from the marina each day?

NOT Kimela here- but we always met at their shop and then Stef drove us to the marina.

He dropped me at Blue Angel after the night dives, as taxis were a little scarce.

If you are diving with them all week ( I was not) you can leave your gear and then walk/taxi to their shop each day.

Might have changed- but just thought I would add this in.

Kimela, great report! How did you get from CM to the Jungle Divers boat? I see from their website they only pick up south of Fonatur Marina and CM is north of that. Did you get a taxi to and from the marina each day?
We took a taxi to the JD shop and rode with them to Fonatur. I think it was about $150 pesos including the tip.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom