Las Vegas area Scuba Divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've done quite a few dives there and was never able to see the bus from the van and vice versa. You had some great conditions!

the weather will be nice... lake mead weather

will be a nice chance to go diving before it gets hot. again, from the shore, we'll probably only see 25ft +/-

let me know so i can let some others know if we are going to go. if anyone needs to rents tanks or equipment, the shop opens at 10am.

i need to go pick up my tank and get it filled so will probably start around 10:30am at the lake... it will probably be pretty busy on the lake!

--c

hello. i am in AZ. i have heard good things about lake mead. i want to dive there. can you steer me in the right direction to find some good dive sites.

it sure is, but right now, the best diving is done from a boat. lake levels have dropped and open shores with depth are few and far between.

depending on what you are interested in seeing, what are your qualifications, and cold tollerance, there is everything from wrecks to walls. the water at depth is in the 50's but really refreshing on a hot day!

if you are advanced nitrox and deco procedures certified... then the wrecks and aggregate piles are the best! 120ft to 175ft...

regular deep dives are open on some of the boat charters, too. non-tech, though. but they will go where ever the passengers wanna go. check out my home page and the calendar for details... there will be at least a couple of drift dives in the river, too. cold, but probably 5 knots! that's flying!!!

we are always on the water, so send an e-mail and lets plan something.

cheers!

--c

sounds great. we have a 32 foot boat. so that is no problem. i would really love to build a dive boat from a pontoon. i do a lot of lake diving. i see no reason to always dive in the ocean. i cant do that nearly as often as i can fresh water. i have my deep and advanced. i also have my solo cert. i have over 120 dives. i do not have nitrox yet.

we finished up a diver today with his "advanced nitrox" and "decompression procedures." i think it was 85* on the lake today, very little clouds, no haze, water was super refreshing and just an overall great day to dive...

two dives: 155ft, 45 minutes with deco and 145ft, 75 minutes with deco...

doug, our tech instructor loves to teach tech and it really opens up a whole new world of diving. if you want to get an idea of what its all about, we will be doing a "TRY TECH" day, soon. watch the board for it!

cheers,

--c

sounds great. we have a 32 foot boat. so that is no problem. i would really love to build a dive boat from a pontoon. i do a lot of lake diving. i see no reason to always dive in the ocean. i cant do that nearly as often as i can fresh water. i have my deep and advanced. i also have my solo cert. i have over 120 dives. i do not have nitrox yet.

DIVING TOMORROW...

SATURDAY, JUNE 14, 2009, ALL DAY
DIVING AT "NINE MILE RD"

"Nine Mile Cove Rd" is #23

...here is a map of the area...
lake mead map

am going to meet everyone at point "B"
(HWY 95 -- Veteran's Memorial Hwy right
after the turn-off from HWY 93) at 9:00am

link to google map

it should take us a little over an
hour to get to the dive site...

i am not sure about how the road will be until
i get there, so i understand if others can't make
it. trucks and 4x4's shouldn't have any problems,
but will still take it slow as i don't want to get
stuck, nonetheless... point "D" and the road that
continues there can be seen if you switch to
"SATELITE" on google maps...

BE SURE TO BRING PLENTY OF FOOD, WATER,
SUNBLOCK,AND WHATEVER ELSE YOU MIGHT
NEED... THERE ARE NO SERVICES THERE.

How was nine mile rd cove?

EXCELLENT! the water was 66 degrees, visibility was 35 feet +, no one fishing, only one other family on the beach, and they were BBQ-ing... might be doing an overnighter on tuesday and wednesday...

--c

How was nine mile rd cove?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom