Las Vegas area Scuba Divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

birdwrasse

Contributor
Reaction score
Hi, everyone!

I'm starting a thread as there isn't a Las Vegas regional ONLY one yet. Perhaps if we get enough regularly chatting here, the board will give us one. I've seen several "Hello from Vegas" threads, so I know you're out there! Below are keywords that new Vegas divers might search for.

My website has a "calendar" area for trips, events, and get togethers, too.

"Las Vegas"
"Scuba Diving in Las Vegas"
"Lake Mead"
"Colorado River"
"Learn to Scuba Dive"
"Local Dive Shop"
"Get Togethers"
"Continuing Education"
"Hoover Dam"
"Henderson"
"Nevada"
"Boulder City"

Cheers!

--carlos

the board will give us one.
Not exactly, you have to ask...

So you want a new forum?

You need to think about the following:
Is the subject suitable for ScubaBoard? Yes
Is it necessary, isn't this subject already covered by another forum? Sort of...
Is it to be a private forum? If so, for which group? We set up AZScuba as private. It allows us to restrict access to Arizona residents only. Otherwise posts go off topic quickly..

Next thing you need to do is to start a thread in Suggestions (part of Site Support).

Also, you'll need at least a dozen members who'll back your proposal.

Finally, the ScubaBoard Staff will consider your proposal and create the forum if approved.

Please note that any forum may also be removed due to inactivity.

You've got my vote...

yes...

we'll try this thread and see what happens...

thanks, steve!

okay vegas, now it's your turn.

--c

Sunday, April 20th, 8:00am
Shore Diving: Saddle Cove @ Lake Mead
I'm going to do a few dives and grill a few burgers.
Will have the canopy up for some shade.
Would be fun for others to join.
Drop me a line to let me know if you're coming...
I'll bring extra burgers! Hope to see you there.

--c

jca scuba calendar

thanks... i didn't think of that search! a little more than 30% have posted or visited in 2008. maybe i'll send them a note.

i visited the netherlands in 2006 and had a great time in amsterdam, rotterdam, the hague, and the delft area. i used the amsterdam train station as a jumping off point for brussels, luxembourg, berlin and paris! started diving right after i got back!

i'd love to come back and dive europe.

cheers,

--c

stunaep,

I have been diving for the last 4years, I don't get out too much anymore but would like to. I have a friend who dives also. It seems we work all the time and don't get enough time to get wet.

What do you have in mind for the divers in LV?

Gary

Las Vegas Divers.com is a great site
the forum section isnt nearly as active as it is here, but it is still just about the only dive club in vegas.

no dive shop affiliation or membership dues (fee for id card necessary to receive free stuff from sport chalet will be about 2 bucks and will pay itself off quickly once our paperwork for the recognition is done) but thats not required it you dont want to use it...

check us out and pm me if you have any questions, my user name is also paintsnow on there.

it would probably be better to pm me there or email me at fdziadek@gmail.com since i dont really go on this site anymore, but ill try to check this thread a bit.

cool... thanks, paintsnow... i signed up.

--getting divers in the water...
--continuing education...
--get togethers...
--trips...

i quit my job a little over two years ago and started diving! fell in love with it so much, that now i teach. i know that there are divers out there that lose interest because they can't find others to go diving with them. i want to try to make diving happen more often. will put some effort into it and see what happens. divers have a lot in common.

thanks!

--c

stunaep,

I have been diving for the last 4years, I don't get out too much anymore but would like to. I have a friend who dives also. It seems we work all the time and don't get enough time to get wet.

What do you have in mind for the divers in LV?

Gary

Back
Top Bottom