Las Vegas area Scuba Divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

i'll post when i'll be at the lake on my calendar! even if i don't have students, i'm gonna try to be at the lake every weekend! when you gotta dive, you've gotta dive, ya know...

JCA Scuba Calendar

--c

If you guys are planning on going Saturday May 17th, mind if I tag along?

The more the merrier!

I know I can do the 10th, not as sure about the 17th. Will know better as the date approaches, maybe a week before.

Have you dived at Cabinsite before? I've only been once and was following another car to the site and didn't pay a whole lot of attention to which dirt roads to take.

Feel free to PM me if you want to work out some details.

Just follow the signs to Cabinsite. They have them all the way there. When you get to the houses, stay to the right until you come to the circle with the dirt road on the other end of it. That's the road to the parking lot at Cabinsite.

From what I recall, when you get to the landing, there is an upper area and a lower one. If you park at the lower one and head into the water on the left hand side, you'll hit the van and the bus at around 45 feet or so. I heard there's also a sailboat somewhere in Cabinsite but I have no idea where that is.

You may get your vehicle ticketed if you park in the lower area. There are no parking signs all over the place down there. It's used for boat launches. On a slow weekday, you might get away with it. Check out my site in my sig line. You'll find a Dive Sites link with Mohave and specifically Cabinsite on there. I haven't updated it in a while, but the directions to the underwater attractions are accurate.

You may get your vehicle ticketed if you park in the lower area.

That's for sure. We had hardly been there for more than five minutes unloading in the lower lot when a ranger told us to hurry up and get the vehicles out of there.

Thanks! You guys saved me a ticket!

regarding: the get together for sunday, may 4, 2008... i won't be able to make it, or start, until at least 12:00pm. i have to officially end my session with my open water student prior to beginning another activity. sorry if this creates any inconveniences for anyone. i'm still planning to bring some burgers and grill them up, though. will see everyone that can make it and stay after that. i will be there until late in the day, too.

thanks,

--c

Back
Top Bottom