Lake Pleasant Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks to Scuba Steve for two great dives last night.

Water level continues to decline however, visibility is fairly good if you up out of the muck. Had the entire cove, west of the boat ramp, to ourselves.

Lots of large cats enjoying the warm water above the therocline.

Regards, Bill

I can say that the Desert Tortoise spot and boat launch near Vista Point look nothing like this map image. To get to Vista Point Parking, when you approach the main boat ramp, do you turn right, then get on desert (non paved) rds to Vista Parking site ?

Desert Tortoise is West of Vista Point.. (accross the water) The Boat ramp you see in the arial photo is the 10 lane boat ramp on the other side of the lake (County side) At the Vista point side, You are correct, if you are heading toward the marina boat launch you turn right (north) and go up a dirt road that loops around to the Vista area that folks like to dive. Vista and Tortoise are quite a distance from each other and acroos the lake, to access one or the other you use different park entrances. The arial photo looks pretty accurate for what these areas look like today, the water level changing doesn't change the topography enough to make these photos inacurrate

Hope this helps,

Jeff

After studying the map posted previsouly, I have it down now (great map) and have my bearings for Friday dive. Off of Carefree Highway, coming from 17, I am going to make right on road that is marked to Pleasant Lake Harbor/Marina then once in park I think I remember how to get to there. We did our cert dive launching from Marina boat doc and the picnic tables on what may be Vista point area were about 50' the above waterline. Does the Vista diving spot have fairly easy shore entry ?

PS - I have now confirmed myself as a "go" for next Friday (08/22) afternoon/evening/night dives as well as one other diver who is coming with me.

That is great!!!! Looking forward to diving with you guys!!!! The road that goes down to the marina has a sign that Says Vista Point...the dirt road that goes up the hill is the road you want to go on.... As far as easy entry...if you have a pick up truck yes...if not you have a walk down a hill and back up...but this old man did two dives that way Monday so you all ought to be able to do it!! LOL

We'll be out at the lake tomorrow and Sunday, either DT or Beismeyer Point for some OW dives. Feel free to stop by and say howdy!

Howdy Kris....:wink:

A few of us will be out there on Friday the 22nd for an afternoon dive, a early evening dive, and a night dive!!!

Ron-

What time are you planning on getting to VP? My first choice for Friday is Salt River, if I can find anyone...if not, I may be able to join you for at least 1 dive :eyebrow:

Thanks,

Dave

We are planning on being there about 4:30 or so...do a deeper dive, and then a shallower dusk dive and then a night dive....come on and join us....looks like we are going to have several divers there!!!!

Is anyone going to be at Pleasant on Saturday 23rd? I was just out there last Saturday the 16th with my wife on our boat. We did a boat dive just NE of the 10 lane boat ramp near a very small island, to about 38 feet. Anchored about 20 feet with the depth finder and then swam out to 38 feet.
Vis was pretty good, about 15 to 20 feet at times, just stay away from the bottom.

I will be taking my kids and wife out on the boat this Saturday to the lake and wondered if any other divers will be there I could hook up with.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom