Lake Pleasant conditions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Great conditions today at scorpion bay, water temp aside. 25' vis down to 50' and probably stayed consistant even deeper that's just as far as I went. 53F water temp at depth, no thermocline. Water level is up so it's an easy entry/exit just about anywhere in the cove. Still no fish, except a couple itty bitty guys in the rocks.

There was about 50-75 sailboats congregated in the middle of lake, must have been some sort of regatta, other than that a pretty quiet day at the lake.

Bring firewood for those surface intervals!

-Garrett

P.S. I'll probably do another dive next Sunday afternoon, if interested in joining shoot me a PM.

I'm surprised! We stopped by Friday to check it out and from the surface visibility looked like it was less than 2'. We checked out Scorpion, Dirty Shirt, and Desert Tortoise. We also saw the sailboats out on the water.

I took some photos of the water at Scorpion. I'll try to get them posted over the next couple of days for anyone who is interested in seeing where it's at. According to my GPS, the water level is about 17' below full.

A few of us are headed to Scorpian on the 27th, pending weather. We don't mind the cold water it's just that we want the air to be warmer than the water when we get out. I have a double unit propane heat blaster that I'll bring along.

If anyone wants to dive, come on out!

Craig

Wussies! :D Beautiful day at the Bay today. Air temp a balmy 28 degrees at 9:00 AM warmed up to 40 degrees at noon. Surface conditions: sheet of glass. Water temp 51 degrees. Vis 15 feet. Thank God for dry suits with warm undies.

Didn't see a single living thing except buddy.

Attachments

• IMAGE_00009.jpg
    IMAGE_00009.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 67
AZ_Zoner:
A few of us are headed to Scorpian on the 27th, pending weather. We don't mind the cold water it's just that we want the air to be warmer than the water when we get out. I have a double unit propane heat blaster that I'll bring along.

If anyone wants to dive, come on out!

Craig

What time were you looking to get started?

Bob

bobfer:
What time were you looking to get started?

Bob

We'll try to be there around 10:00 and hit the water by 11:00.

Craig

1/27/07 - By the Sheriff Docks....

Viz: 5-10

Water Temp: 50F Didn't hit thermocline here either.... Nice area...water over 100' by second set of docks!!!! Didn't see much.... lots of sticker burs....took 10 minutes to pull them all off!!! Finished Rescue Diver Course!!! Very tired after the day!!!! Very good class!!!

Wow...what a great day to dive....went to the lake today....dove Scorpion bay...

Vis was the best I have seen it.... 20ft +
Temp was 53...

Had a great time....two tanks later came home to warm up!!! :wink:

Hope it stays that way for a while. I've checked the G&F site and it looks like the lake is almost full again. How's the little cove area at Scorpion looking? I won't be diving for another couple of weeks, but I might swing by this week when I'm in town to take a look.

Back
Top Bottom