Lake Pleasant conditions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

shark.byte.usa:
Did you see anything? I have seen very few fish in the last month, they must go somewhere cuz it's cold.

They get out and warm up.

Heheh...well, we saw one carp....and some small fry!!! But not very many....Hope to see more Friday!!!

Strong steady wind, air temp 54 degrees, 2-3 foot chop, vis about 5' to 30 feet dropping to about 3 at 50 feet. Water temp 53 degrees at 50 feet.

Didn't see anything but we were just working on skills.

krcollins:
Strong steady wind, air temp 54 degrees, 2-3 foot chop, vis about 5' to 30 feet dropping to about 3 at 50 feet. Water temp 53 degrees at 50 feet.

Didn't see anything but we were just working on skills.
And I was gonna dive tomorrow, think I'll stay home and watch football :D

You know I always heard the viz was better in the lake during the winter. I really only started diving in the lake last May so I have no reference, but this rumor seems to be bunk.

-Garrett

This year has been a strange year. We had great visibility during the summer and now it's cutting down quite a bit. It wasn't like this last year!

That isn't good.... The week before Christmas at Scorpion Bay...the vis was 10-15 down past 50...water temp was 56....so it has dropped a bit!!! Hope the vis picks up again!!!

Cold and choppy this weekend..

Water was 52 degrees and vis was about 15 ft maybe more over by Vista Point vis stayed pretty good even at 60 ft

Jeff

shark.byte.usa:
So to all you lake vets; how much colder is going to get?

Last year, the coldest I felt it was 52 degrees. No thermocline. Jen probably logged 51, but her computer is always a degree colder than mine. It stayed that way through February then started to pick up about 4-6 degrees a month. I've got a chart of the lake water temps that I'm waiting to upload to my website.

Back
Top Bottom