Lake Pleasant conditions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dive-aholic:
New faces is what it's all about. Looks like we have 4 interested so far. I'll research the rental details, etc this week and let you know what I find out.
I already have for a 25' pontoon (max capacity 10) it's $280 for 4 hours plus fuel and a $600 deposit.

http://www.azmarinas.com/PleasantHarbor/25footpontoon.asp

I'm going on a couple trips in Oct. so I need to save my duckets, so I'm going to have to bow out, maybe Rob & Jen's next trip, before the water level rises, we can plan a little more in advance and get enough people to make it cost effective. Or better yet find a new friend with a boat :D Another option may be to book a private half-day charter on the Diver Down, so we can dictate the dive spots, with no OW classes aboard.

I was searching for an old map/chart or gps coordinates for the dam/spillway, didn't have any luck but did find some great photos of the 'old' waddell dam as it stood and pics of the breaching when the new dam was finished. I never saw it, I wasn't exiled here until 97'.

http://www.usbr.gov/pmts/infrastructure/inspection/waterbulletin/183mar1998-B.pdf

Garrett

Count me in, plus I'm sure that I've got 2 othersthat would go as well (AZ Zoner and one other), so 3 more. I did some really basic numbers and it appears that it would run about $40 per head with 10 divers, that number includes gas, rental, taxes and the CDW for the 1/2 day rental. I would think that we would be able to do two tanks maybe even 3 depending upon how far we would have drive. This number could even come down depending on how much gas we use.

The next question is when????

or, you could get the coordinates (or close to them) off the USGS quad map.. they hav'nt been updated since the dam was built, so they show the old one

old-dam.jpg

Ok, I typed a response and then whoosh SB went down of course, so let's try again...

You probably won't be able to get 10 because of weight restrictions, I figure 2 divers plus tanks and gear is probably 3 people, weight wise, so a max of 7. $360 (estimate) / 7 = 48.57/ea.. For this reason I think it would be worth considering a private charter on the Diver Down, which charges $50 for 2 dives (last I knew). We wouldn't have to deal with the rental BS, no one would have to stay dry/topside on a dive, like we would have to do on a rental, and we could comfortably fit 10 people+ if we wanted/needed to, perhaps if the op agreed to a set price the cost could be lower. It's just a thought. I know the boat books it's spots through El Mar, but I'd rather contact the op directly for this, the dude has to be sick of going to the sherrif's dock 2x's a day every Saturday and Sunday and basically being a water taxi for OW students. I know how utterly bored I would be doing that every weekend :).

When...I don't know, before the level water level starts to rise up.

Garrett

Is there any chance we could do this during the week??? My next 3 weekends I have to work!!! I will be in Jamaica on the 15th of October through the 23rd... makes the weekends hard...but I have Mondays off...and can change that to any other day if given enough notice!!

Using my finely honed, gov'mt edumacated, navigation skills :D Here is my best guess at the GPS coordinates of the 'Old' Waddell Dam center. I reckon I may be pretty DAM close :rofl3: but then again...nothin' a depth finder or a proper chart wouldn't cure.

map5.jpg

map5A.jpg

Garrett

My Monday dive just fell through..... Dive buddies got called in to work that day!!!

Anyone available!!! :)

The Diver Down would probably be the best way. It would allow us 2 dives a piece with surface support separate from us. Renting a pontoon would only allow us 2 dives at most, and that's even questionable. We would have to dive in 2 groups to keep surface support. We also have to account for travel to and from, anchoring, pulling the anchor, etc. I'm thinking a one hour dive each group max. So $50/2 tanks and we can all dive at the same time sounds good, as long as the owner is willing to do it. Looks like they are booking for the weekend of October 28-29. We were planning a Rescue Diver weekend, but could bump that back to November so we beat the water rise. I just e-mailed the guy about that weekend. Looks like we have at least 7 interested right now. I'm sure we could get some more together. What does everybody think?

I think I could do it on the 28th?? Have to make sure but I think it is doable!!!

Anyone up for this coming Monday shore dive??? :wink:

Let us know when you know for sure.

Can't be there Monday. Can you be there Saturday or Sunday. We'll be there both days, camping overnight Saturday. You should at least come out for a night dive.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom