Lake Pleasant conditions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Still no reply from Diver Down. I just called a left a message on voice mail. Hopefully I'll hear back from him!

Looking forward to going....

Went to the lake today...Monday the 25th...and the vis was very good!!! 20' + ... We were down desert tortoise rd... in the area were the diver down boat is at??? Found the sink holes and saw lots of small fish and a couple large bass!!! Bottom Temp was 76...and thermocline was at 50 + very cold..... LOL

Good day to dive....Adam and I were the only ones out there!!!

Sounds like you were in the same area we were at over the weekend, right across from Burro Island. Not many fish in that cove, unfortunately. My computer registered 78 deg Saturday and 77 deg Sunday. The thermocline was at 55' with a drop in temp to about 69 deg. Vis wasn't too bad at 65', but quickly went away deeper than that. We found 81', or should I say it found us because I couldn't see it!

Yes, that is the spot!!!!
Same here....we didn't go down to the 81...we stopped at about 56...as viz got bad at that point and it was cold!!! 67.... Yes not many fish except for the small ones, we saw two large bass but the rest were about 1" to 3" around the 20' area in the rocks....

A little late, but...

10/12/06 - End of Desert Tortoise Rd by Burro Island. Water temp 78 at the surface, dropped to 75 at 6 feet, then no significant change to a max depth of 38 feet on this dive. It was a little chilly though, considering the air temp was in the low 80s. I was wearing a 3mm. I think it's 7mm weather for me from now on! Visibility was about 15 feet. Saw a few fish. Went to the sink hole. It's now at 32', so the water level has gone up about 5'! Hopefully we'll be back at Scorpion Bay by January.

Posted this in the Dam Dive thread, but thought I'd post it here, too.

10/28-29

Water temp 68 degrees. Visibility 15' at the dam, 10' in Two Cow. Water level up about 10' more since 10/12. At this rate, we'll be able to dive Scorpion Bay by December! Check out Southwest Scuba's Lake Pleasant page for more detailed dive reports.

Back
Top Bottom