Lake Pleasant conditions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rob,

Dove 4 locations at the lake yesterday off a friend’s boat.

Old dam vis was 12’ down to 85’ temp change was @ 55’
Honeymoon bay vis was 3’ at the surface and 0 at 35’
North end of the lake across from the 10 lane boat ramp vis 6’ down to 50’
Middle of lake south of desert tortes vis 12’ down to 62’

Weldon

Weldon how was the Old Dam? Worth it? I'd love to dive this, anybody with a boat??? Buelller...Bueller?

Here I updated the map from post #156 with an overlay to depict current lake level for anyone wanting a little depth and having a hard time finding it from shore. Just follow Desert Tortoise Rd. (The blue line)

map3.jpg

Garrett

AZ Desert Diver:
I would be game for next Monday, if my new Wing and Backplate arrive by then.

Cool... I have two friends that are coming with me... Leaves me without a buddy!!! We can do three but it is easier to get separated with three than 2!!! We will be out there in the morning...if you can go would love to meet you.... You will be the more experienced...we all three are OW cert....

Thanks for the map....I was off to the right of were your star is were they do a lot of training and the water was OK, warm but not much depth!!!

shark.byte.usa:
As far as I can tell it has only dropped 4' since your last visit, based upon the depth of the sinkhole, which was @ 31' and is now at 27' as of weekend before last and visual references this weekend.

Yeah I definitely want to go and check out the wall again, hopefully the deeper viz conditions hold for at least one more weekend.

You planning on going to the same place next weekend?

Garrett

Sounds good. We plan on being in the same place. It works for depth...and with a wall to check out, maybe we'll have something interesting to look at.

Reef Man:
I am wanting to go on a monday!!! Anyone game??? LOL

Wish I could, but we'll be there Saturday and Sunday doing an AOW class. Unfortunately, I have to work Monday. :frown:

scuba for fun:
Rob,

Dove 4 locations at the lake yesterday off a friend’s boat.

Old dam vis was 12’ down to 85’ temp change was @ 55’
Honeymoon bay vis was 3’ at the surface and 0 at 35’
North end of the lake across from the 10 lane boat ramp vis 6’ down to 50’
Middle of lake south of desert tortes vis 12’ down to 62’

Weldon

Very cool. I've been wanting to dive the dam for a while. Unfortunately, my boat isn't running right now. Maybe by next spring.

I think the marina rents boats. We might be able to rent a boat for 4 hours and do a dive. What do you think, Garrett? If we get enough of us, we could get the cost down to a reasonable amount.

Weldon, do you have the gps for the dam?

No,

but is easy to find with a dept finder. just come out north about 700 ft from new dam and look at both sides of the lake line up the two hills that made the old embutments, we had a depth finder top of the old dam is at 35' and drops off on both sides (north and south)to about 150 to 175' old rive channel was the depet point. only dove the top and sides was looking for the old spillway but did not find it. if i had a pic of the old dam would be easy and by far the best part of the dam to dive. the rest of the dame was just like the new big hill with a flat top.

i would be up for a boat trip.

Weldon

Sounds like a blast if you would all allow a new face on the trip?!?!?!

New faces is what it's all about. Looks like we have 4 interested so far. I'll research the rental details, etc this week and let you know what I find out.

Back
Top Bottom