Lake Pleasant conditions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I was out there today also... The storm was amazing...black, black sky...lightning!!! Wow... Water was nice though!! I will be out there again next Saturday!!!

Ron

AZ_Zoner:
Shark.byte.usa,

I wish I would have known that was you. I would have come up and introduced myself. That was a class I was working and had a few other instructors to help out.

That was a wicked storm. We called the dive scenario that we were doing just when you guys dropped below on your dive. Good thing you stayed below. When it all finally passed we were able to finish up.

I was surprised how good the vis was with all the rain and wind too.

I'll catch up with everyone the next time Rob has a get together at the lake.

Craig

Craig, we'll be at the lake the 23rd and 24th. We're doing an AOW class, but there's plenty of surface interval between briefings and debriefings to just hang out. Come out if you can.

Sunday 9/17/06

Viz 2-7', temp 71F below the thermocline (@ 50').

Read my dive report here

Oh the lake level has stopped dropping, steven at scuba specialties told me they've stopped pumpin water out and I confirmed visually today vs last weekend; no change in depth. :D

Garrett

Dive-aholic:
Craig, we'll be at the lake the 23rd and 24th. We're doing an AOW class, but there's plenty of surface interval between briefings and debriefings to just hang out. Come out if you can.

I'd come out but that's the weekend we're in San Carlos.

CB

shark.byte.usa:
Sunday 9/17/06

Viz 2-7', temp 71F below the thermocline (@ 50').

Read my dive report here

Oh the lake level has stopped dropping, steven at scuba specialties told me they've stopped pumpin water out and I confirmed visually today vs last weekend; no change in depth. :D

Garrett

Was there yesterday and had 5-10' vis... What part of the lake were you at... We only got to down to 35' and couldn't find anywhere to get deeper....had a hard time finding that depth!!! Never got into a thermocline.... couldn't get deep enough:wink:

Reef Man:
Was there yesterday and had 5-10' vis... What part of the lake were you at... We only got to down to 35' and couldn't find anywhere to get deeper....had a hard time finding that depth!!! Never got into a thermocline.... couldn't get deep enough:wink:

map3.jpg

Desert tortoise Rd is above water to the little island to the west of the dive site (star). Drive to the island and make your way either over or around to the other side so you are looking at Burro Island, which isn't actually an island right now it's connected to the point NW of it. Minus about 40' from the depths pictured. We've got to 70' in this area. The viz has actually been pretty good deep in this spot the last couple weeks.

Garrett

Cool.... We will try and find that area... Will be out there in a week or two...

Thanks for the information!!

Garrett, sounds like the water level hasn't changed much since I was there last. They've stopped pumping early this year! Great for us! I'm guessing the wall you were diving was just south of the old river bank. I can't wait to get out there and be able to see at 50'.

Dive-aholic:
Garrett, sounds like the water level hasn't changed much since I was there last. They've stopped pumping early this year! Great for us! I'm guessing the wall you were diving was just south of the old river bank. I can't wait to get out there and be able to see at 50'.

As far as I can tell it has only dropped 4' since your last visit, based upon the depth of the sinkhole, which was @ 31' and is now at 27' as of weekend before last and visual references this weekend.

Yeah I definitely want to go and check out the wall again, hopefully the deeper viz conditions hold for at least one more weekend.

You planning on going to the same place next weekend?

Garrett

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom