Lake Pleasant conditions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks so much guys, we will definately take you up on joining you at least once hopefully before heading out to Hawaii.

Where and when are you guys going and who should I contact about taggin along?

scrapdizzy:
Thanks so much guys, we will definately take you up on joining you at least once hopefully before heading out to Hawaii.

Where and when are you guys going and who should I contact about taggin along?
Oh...I didn't mean with me, I said "someone"! :rofl2:

:joke:

But seriously, just look for posts on here of people going or post when your available and see if there are any takers, another decent resource for buddies is http://bbs.scubaspecialties.com, they are one of the closer LDSs to the lake if not the closest. We have a get-together scheduled at the lake Sunday the 30th, plenty of divers/buddies will be there. This is probably the next time I will be at the lake; I'm off to California/Catalina next weekend.

When are you finished with OW??

lake update
The lake has to be down 15-20', "the Wall" is literally the shoreline now. Viz was down today; worst I've seen in a month, but it could've been because of all the swimmers and boats, seemed to be better later in the day; a consistant 15' away from the swimmers on the second dive today. [6 divers in the water]

The cool thing is as the lake level has dropped, the terrain has changed and since I keep my depth pretty consistant [30-35'], I'm now seeing overhangs and caverns that previously were below the thermocline, it's a different dive than it was even a couple weeks ago.

Go Dive!

Garrett

Wow! That's quite a drop. I'm looking forward to seeing the top of the wall on the 30th. Hopefully the level won't drop too much more before then.

andresrumis:
Going Diving on Tueday 18th for a twilight and night dive at pleasant
If anybody interested, let me know
Keep Diving
Andres
Andres keep in mind where supposed to have Monsoons/T-Storms all week, as you know they generally hit around twilight / early evening. There is a 30% chance of thunderstorms at the lake Tuesday night, actually all week. I won't be able to make it, leaving for CA on Friday, gotta get some stuff done before I leave. PM Granny he'll go!

Garrett

Granny's been swamped..But yes under normal conditions I will go any time with any one to lake PleasaNT AS LONG AS YOU HAVE HAD A PROPERLY LOGGED DIVE in the last year or a refresher course. Skills are not remembered like riding a bicycle. so keep current and Granny will bake cookies and dive with you.....Cool Cool Bye all and to the people I've met and have been diving with from this board, It was nice to meet you all. Remember I'm diving your Lake, so why aren't you?

Hello scuba boarders. Bin a long time since I posted last. Wnet out to Two Cow cove today (7-29). Vis was about five feet above twenty feet and about two feet below thirty. Water temp was nice, around 84 degrees (Nitek). While we were out there me and my dive buddy placed a small Nome pushing a wheel barrow out in the cove. If you want to try to find him go out to the second reef bouy from shore by the small island. Then take a heading at 300 degrees and he is at about 25 feet deep on that heading. Stop by and say Hi. If you move him, post where you moved him to and the heading from a landmark either on shore or from bouys, also give a depth too. We figured this would give people a little more to do out at the lake.

Of course, he'll be a shore gnome in a couple months if no one finds him. :wink: Great idea! I may have to try to find him sometime this week.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom