Lake Pleasant conditions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Anyone dove Vista Point lately? When I was there, I was unable to drive down to the water because of the "road" conditions at the upper 10 feet or so. There were large rocks and large holes which, of course, were not related to water level but perhaps to people/ATV's/??? Other than the first 10 feet, the path was smooth down to the water. Has that been fixed? If I'd had a shovel at the time, I probably would have fixed it myself just so I could back up to the water rather than having to make 4 or 5 trips back and forth to get all the gear down to the water.

8/13/06 Scorpion Bay

Water level keeps dropping, and the vis isn't getting any better. Vis was maybe 10 feet, but there were quite a few swimmers/ kids jumping off the rocks at Scorpion Bay. One of the kids grabbed the dive flag off our bouy while we were under collecting trash. He and friends supposedly grabbed it and swam off around the way.

A few of the kids - 16-18 year olds- asked a few questions on how much all the gear costs- I'm pretty sure they aren't divers- before they drove off. I tried to impress upon them it was all cheap, really really cheap. hopefully gear doesn't start disappearing....

We did pull several mesh bags full of trash up while we were there, gave us something to do for a few hours underwater.

Kris, how much lower was the water? Too bad about the kids grabbing the flag. At least you didn't have a boat drive up to it. Good idea with the cheap gear angle. See you in a couple of weekends.

we hadn't been up there since the 30th and it was down maybe four or five feet (rough estimate) if not more. Won't be easy to find a deep dive out there. We drove by desert tortoise just to see what it looked like and you could drive the road far enough that you could pass the "bowl" on the right side completely.

as of 08/16/2006

Lake Pleasant Water Surface Elevation: 1666.06
Lake Pleasant - % Full: 62.04
Lake Pleasant - Surface Area (acres): 7504.78
Plant Pumping(+)/Releasing(-) Flow (cfs): -1618.64
River Outlet Works Flow (cfs): 0.00
Lower Lake Elevation: 1436.31

So they updated the site. They usually run about a week behind. Looks like your estimate is about right, Kris. And we'll find something over 60'. We may not be able to see much, but it'll be over 60'.

OK, so how much is one of these things? I really want one! :D

Back
Top Bottom