Lake Pleasant conditions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MY wife snapped a few photo's of the Gnome prior to phatso-29's and his decent to the depths. I 'll post those soon.

CB

AZ_Zoner:
MY wife snapped a few photo's of the Gnome prior to phatso-29's and his decent to the depths. I 'll post those soon.

CB

I looked at the camera and I could not find any Photo's. Looks like I'll have to go back out and see if I can find the Lake Pleasant Gnome, Take a picture and place him somewhere new.

By the way, he looked to weigh in around 25 to 30 lbs. Take a lift bag if you plan on moving him.

CB

8/5/06, went to Vista Point. Vis was about 10 feet (was pleasantly surprised). Water temp showed 83 on my computer. Thermocline between 35 and 40 feet with a drop of at least several degrees (got cold fast, even in a full 3mm).

Couldn't drive down to the water due to large rocks and holes in the "road", but was only about a 30 yard walk down.

We will making an attempt to find the "Lake Pleasant Gnome" in two cow this sunday and placing him over in scorpian bay some where.

Photo's and maybe rough cordinates will follow.

Hey, that's the name of the game. If you find the Gnome, You get to move hime to a new location. But you must get back with us on SB and give at least a cove name. Some hint to his new home (location). Hopefully, not your front yard.

If we do get him on Sunday, we'll take the photo's and post them along with the his new home hint. We'll probably start a new thread.

Hint: he is now located in two cow. To the west of the ridge going north and south.
He was in 25 ft of water two weeks ago.

Good luck.

shark.byte.usa:
Oh hey, yeah I may go try to find him on Saturday for ***** & giggles. I will not be moving him though [if found :D].

Garrett

He's still in the original spot correct?!? I wasn't going to move him because if you were serious about the weight of him and therefore the need for a lift bag, it's not part of my gear. It's a great idea I look forward to 'the search'. About how big is it??

So he's probably in less than 20' now :wink:

-Garrett

He is still there in the original spot. We hope to move him on Sunday, that is if anyone else has not done so first.

Size wise he is probably over 20 lbs, 2 feet tall. He is actually pushing a small cart. Definitly want to use a lift bag to move him for safety reasons. And if you do see him and don't feel safe moving him, you can leave more hints here for others.

Craig

shark.byte.usa:
He's still in the original spot correct?!? I wasn't going to move him because if you were serious about the weight of him and therefore the need for a lift bag, it's not part of my gear. It's a great idea I look forward to 'the search'. About how big is it??

So he's probably in less than 20' now :wink:

-Garrett

Following is a link from a forecast in April 2006 as to the operating levels of the lake through the summer into the winter. It looks like the levels plateau in Aug, Sept, Oct.

http://www.cap-az.com/images/lakepleasant/wadfc_April_2006.jpg

Current Lake Pleasant Levels as of 8/10/2006

Lake Pleasant Water Surface Elevation: 1669.68
Lake Pleasant - % Full: 65.45
Lake Pleasant - Surface Area (acres): 7726.62
Plant Pumping(+)/Releasing(-) Flow (cfs): -3034.80
River Outlet Works Flow (cfs): 0.00
Lower Lake Elevation: 1436.21

Thanks, John. Great chart!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom