Lake Pleasant conditions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Saturday 7-8-06
Scorpion Bay
Viz: 5-20'
Temp: 72F above thermocline; mid 60's below to about 45' didn't go any deeper.
Comments: Last time I think I found 1 or 2 fish, this time couldn't keep em' away, they were coming so close I usually couldn't get my camera to focus on them, tons of bass from tiny to BIG and a 1.5' catfish probably 15-20lbs; big, fat and ugly!
Here's some pics:
http://www.ocdiving.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_view=core.ShowItem&g2_itemId=5968

-Garrett

Nice shots, Garrett. Temp seems to be climbing. Where was the thermocline? According to G&F it looks like the lake level is still pretty high. Hopefully it stays that way through the end of the month!

Thermocline was at about 30-35' depending on which spot your were in. I forgot to say the lake level is down...I'd say at least 10' since I was there a week and half ago. Basically you step into the water into 5-10' and the The Wall is only about 20' from shore.

Wish I could make it, but I have to work. I also have a private I'm teaching the next morning. I will definitely be there on the 30th though.

Garrett, I'll be at Scorpion bay at around 6-630 pm (traffic allowing) for a couple of dives , so I'll meet you all there.
Andres

shark.byte.usa:
Sunset is about 7:40; so I'll be @ Scorpion Bay by 6 in the water about 6:30; night dive around 8pm. Come for one dive or both, bring lights with fresh batteries. That is if that plan is alright with you guys.

-Garrett

I've never done a night dive at Pleasant. May I join you? I haven't dove since May and I'm going nuts.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom