Lake Pleasant conditions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dove Lake Pleasant yesterday. Just went out to do some reel work. Haven't had to mess with the reels since December and we're going to cave country in a couple of weeks.

Viz was about 20' at the beginning of the day. Then the storm that blew in during our 2nd dive cut it down to ZERO along with about 2-3 foot chop...yeah, in the lake! Temp was 75 deg the first 20'. It was so warm, we did a quick swim suit dive (that's when the storm came) before we left. There was a thermocline at 20' though that dropped the temp down to 64 deg. We hit that on our first dive in 7/5s, but didn't dip down below it on the 2nd dive. As long as the weather stays nice, we should have some good diving next week!

Hey Rob,

Just got back from Akumal. Spent a week Cave Diving. Are you going to be out at the lake this weekend? If so, where are you going to be at?

John

scubajcf:
Hey Rob,

Just got back from Akumal. Spent a week Cave Diving. Are you going to be out at the lake this weekend? If so, where are you going to be at?

John

John,

Working this weekend, but we'll be at Scorpion Cove on the 24th. Come on out if you can.

Hi everyone, Dove Pleasant Sunday 11th Scorpion bay, really nice dive, water temp was 77F+- with the Thermoclime at 25-26' where it dropped the temp quite a few degrees. Viz was around 10-12' in the shallows and it dropped down the deeper I went to around 5' so I stayed shallow and Dove for 90 minutes. Saw lots of fish: Carp, LargeMouth Bass, Catfish including one very large, also clouds of tinny bass an inch big or so which was quite a sight for the lake.
Keep Diving!!!
Andres

Sunday 06-25-06
Where: Scorpion Bay
Viz: 25' in some spots :11:
Temp: Mid 70's above thermocline [30'] Mid to High 60's below.
Comments: I counted 8 divers there throughout the courese of our two dives, an OW class showed up as we were gearing up for our second dive. Some GUE divers doing drills and playing with reels [Hey that rhymed :D]. I got a new camera and got it wet on our second dive, Not much life out; gonna do a twilight dive later this week.

Here's the pics

Garrett

shark.byte.usa:
Sunday 06-25-06
Where: Scorpion Bay

Comments: I counted 8 divers there throughout the courese of our two dives, an OW class showed up as we were gearing up for our second dive. Some GUE divers doing drills and playing with reels

Garrett, did you meet these folks? Who were they?

yeah, vis was pretty good above the thermoline... looks like the same fish you took a pic of :)
IMG_2219-small.jpg

below it wasn't so great
IMG_2217-small.jpg

below 45', it was a cool 59° .. had to take my hood & gloves off when we came up to 20' though, about 75° according to computer.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom