Lake Pleasant conditions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I dove at Pleasant Cove today down to about 30-35ft., just a nice and easy dive. Viz was about 15ft. with a temp of 63deg. at 35ft. This was my first time diving at Pleasant and I was amazed at the amount of divers out there today about 15-20. I would love to dive some more sites at Pleasant and I'm sure in the coming weeks that will happen. If there is a group of SB memebers that wouldn't mind another tag along, I would like to join in since I don't know the lake very well yet.

Congratulations on your 1st dive in Pleasant! It's a pretty decent place to dive, for AZ anyway. I don't know if you're available during the week, but I'll be at Pleasant on 5/24-26. It's usually a little quieter during the week, which makes diving a little more peaceful. One of the other SB'ers is planning on joing us on the 24th around 3 or 4. I'm not exactly sure where Pleasant Cove is. What part of the lake were you at?

Hiya!
Husband and I were out at the lake on Sunday also. Not sure what our exact location was called. It was due north of Desert Tortoise. Yes, lots of divers. We got there later so boat traffic was starting to get a bit unPleasant (pun intended). It was our first dive-for-fun at the lake and we enjoyed it! Saw some very confident fish.

AZ Desert Diver:
Here is a really cool link for some great maps of Lake Pleasant.

http://www.maricopa.gov/parks/lake_pleasant/maps.aspx

Adam,

Those are great maps. Thanks for the link.

If you look at Scorpian Bay, we're going to dive along the wall just south of there. At least thats where I think the wall is. We'll find out anyway.

Craig

Any of the more experienced divers have suggestions for areas at the lake to dive other than Desert Tortoise and Dirty Shirt/Ranger Station? Thanks

AZ_Zoner:
Adam,

Those are great maps. Thanks for the link.

If you look at Scorpian Bay, we're going to dive along the wall just south of there. At least thats where I think the wall is. We'll find out anyway.

Craig

I didn't realize that's what it's called, but the wall is at Scorpion Bay. The wall starts about 30 feet from the buoy in the cove there. Interesting things to see north and south of the bay. That's the location I'd like to dive on the 24th.

booth22:
Any of the more experienced divers have suggestions for areas at the lake to dive other than Desert Tortoise and Dirty Shirt/Ranger Station? Thanks

Scorpion Bay is where I've been the past few times up there. I have a depth map of Pleasant and everything else seems to be fairly shallow slow slopes when the lake is at its current level.

We dove there last time we were at the lake. It's a nice change from the norm. We'll most likely be at the lake sunday late morning if anyone is looking to dive.

I hope that these maps will help in clearing up some the names we all have given particular spots were we have dove at.

Like in a previous post where called a cove "Pleasant Cove." I now know that I wasn’t given the correct name. Heck, I still don't know the name of the cove where we were at even after looking at the map. All I remember is that we were just over a hill from a very large marina and on top the hill sat a port-a-john.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom