Lake Ouachita Road Trip (Oct 3/4)

Are you comin' with us, or gonna stick around the house and do your chores? LOL!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I told John I'd let him know for sure tomorrow when they come out and give me the verdict. :confused:
Thanks. :)
Hey Jeff, You gonna' have work done on the septic system, or was it an easy repair?

Layne and John.... I know we're still waiting to see if Zinc has to work, but have ya'll got set departure time yet?

I've fueled the boat, cleaned off some of the mold, greased the wheel bearings, and put it back in the barn. Need to get a couple bulbs for the trailer lights and ......wait :coffee:

FYI------- I spoke with the owner of the dive shop in Hot Springs on a different topic,,,but asked for grins what the water temp was at LQ. He said it's in the upper 70's/5mil min. gear right now. He indicated it was soon yet for a dry suit (hey, guys got his own opinion-ok). He also added one could get deep with a full 7mil gear set-up. Just FYI

No Foos for this trip... if we get to dive at all, it will be at CSSP. Sorry, folks, hope yall have a great time! Tony, keep the Circle of Knowledge solemn and mature, as always. May The Bones guide you all to Dive Nirvana. John, just show up. (okay, I know, I know... lol)

So guys...

It looks like I'm out. :(

Yes, I am a :lotsalove:

Septic system is fine, but unfortunately the "Water Level" error is that I need to have it pumped. Due to me living in a rural area and all that, I'm looking at $500ish to have it done.

:(

Remind me to live someplace that's annexed next time.

Apologize for any issues I have caused, I really want to go but alas, I am not a wealthy man. :)

Hey Jeff, You gonna' have work done on the septic system, or was it an easy repair?

Layne and John.... I know we're still waiting to see if Zinc has to work, but have ya'll got set departure time yet?

I've fueled the boat, cleaned off some of the mold, greased the wheel bearings, and put it back in the barn. Need to get a couple bulbs for the trailer lights and ......wait :coffee:

For those looking for an alternative boat dive, there is space available this weekend for a dive on Lake Travis from Giant Stride.

Last edited:
Hey, Jeff, that's just one of those things. Life happens and sometimes it jumps up and slaps your wallet at the most inopportune times. No worries...I'm sure we'll be planning another trip there if the diving is as good as they say.

So guys...

It looks like I'm out. :(

Yes, I am a :lotsalove:

Septic system is fine, but unfortunately the "Water Level" error is that I need to have it pumped. Due to me living in a rural area and all that, I'm looking at $500ish to have it done.

:(

Remind me to live someplace that's annexed next time.

Apologize for any issues I have caused, I really want to go but alas, I am not a wealthy man. :)

Well, he's way tougher than me. I'm diving my drysuit...not even taking a wetsuit. :wink:
FYI------- I spoke with the owner of the dive shop in Hot Springs on a different topic,,,but asked for grins what the water temp was at LQ. He said it's in the upper 70's/5mil min. gear right now. He indicated it was soon yet for a dry suit (hey, guys got his own opinion-ok). He also added one could get deep with a full 7mil gear set-up. Just FYI

I'm never living that down am I, Foo? :wink: Does it help that I'm now engaged to that good lookin' gal I spent time with during that one, little weekend instead of hangin' out at the lake? :D Hopefully, in the end I'll have at least recruited one more Swamper. Can't say this early on what kind of diver she'll end up being (probably a darn good one knowing her), but am sure the guys will appreciate how she's gonna look in a wetsuit. Yes, I am a lucky son-of-a-gun. :D

No Foos for this trip... if we get to dive at all, it will be at CSSP. Sorry, folks, hope yall have a great time! Tony, keep the Circle of Knowledge solemn and mature, as always. May The Bones guide you all to Dive Nirvana. John, just show up. (okay, I know, I know... lol)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom