Lake Ouachita Road Trip (Oct 3/4)

Are you comin' with us, or gonna stick around the house and do your chores? LOL!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well, the verdict is finally in on the Foo clan, we will be unable to make this trip. Bummer, but yall can manage to have a big time without us, I'm sure... sniff...
:shocked2:bummer.....

But you could make some jello shots and ship 'em to Brady Mt......:D
Just keep any rain that pops up down south, please. Say a big HOWDY to Donald and we'll miss you.

I left Eva a msg. I'll call back in the morning and give her my cc for the deposit. Thanks for doing the legwork on that, Tony!

HJD - I'd say you're looking at about $150-$160 for the trip. That'll include your share of the boat (including tax and gas); ur share of gas for the round trip in the truck, plus camping. That doesn't include food, but if you bring a big bag of Cheerios it can go a long way. :wink:

Rhonda and Teri:

Please remember to pack the brownies and jello-shots properly for shipping and ship them overnite, first delivery for Friday to my house. I will make sure they are packed in the car and begin the journey to Ouachita.

Thre is always the chance when they arrive they would not be a condition such that they could survive a four hour trip which means they would need to be consumed immediately which might be dangerous since it has never been determined what Rhonda puts in the brownies and there is no secret what is in the jello-shots.

We will miss you... Life is always better with and Kunk and Foo....Just think how bad it would be if it was Kung... a mispelling away...

Charlie

OK, this is the last list I saw of folks who were joining us at Ouachita. Maybe there are more now and I have a feeling some of the names we see here are going to bail.

1. John Andrews
2. Shawn O'Shea
3. Tony Montoya
4. Frank Poyle
5. John R.
6. Gena
7. Jeff
8. Layne
9. Charlie Saul
10. Donna

Brandon - Maybe (depending on DMing on the Fling)

Since then I have heard from two different Austin folks on the list above, or through the grapevine, that either or both may not show. Brandon has always been iffy because of his committment to DMing on the Fling...he's not among the two I'm thinking about. :no:

I understand life happens, but in this case we all are depending on one another to share costs and plan this thing out. Dropping out for any reason other than some big family, work or financial issue that popped up at the last minute is crap. :no: Obviously, those who know me know I'm not one to beat around the bush. Sorry to those of you who don't know me and are surprised, or just sensitive. :wink:

Anyway, I'm a little ticked off that folks are dropping out last second and relieved I haven't given the Spillway Marina $350 to hold the 30' pontoon for us. Those of us coming from Austin will be splitting about $250 in gas for the trip. Those on the Spillway Marina rental boat will be splitting the $350, tax and gasoline for that boat. Obviously, the more people who drop out the more it costs the rest of us. :shakehead:

I'd like to know who is definitely in TODAY and will pay their share of the costs. If you are unsure either man up and say so, or at the very least don't add your name to the list. I'm not reserving a boat until we have at least 4 people willing to split the cost of the boat and I'm not going at all unless I have at least one other person who is driving up with me who will split the cost of gas.

Sorry about the ultimatum, guys, but now that I'm hearing waffling I'm not willing to just throw down my credit card and pay for that boat unless I have some firm commitment. I'd rather focus my energy on my Clipper Trip in a couple of weeks than f- around with this.

Speak up if you are planning on using the rental. Speak up if you are planning on carpooling with me from Austin. Keep a lid on it if you are not 100% committed.

Thanks!

Last edited:
O'Shea is out. I'll be PMing the remaining Austin divers so we can regroup and find another place to rendezvous for the day of departure.

Tony, can we figure out who is going on what boat so I can get that one figured out too? Thanks, buddy!

New attendees list...

1. John Andrews
2. Tony Montoya
3. Frank Poyle
4. John R.
5. Gena
6. Jeff
7. Charlie Saul
8. Donna
9. Layne

Maybe - Brandon (won't know until Wed or Thur).

Hey guys, I PM'd John already but full disclosure here, I am not afraid to tell people what's going on.

As I've said previously money is a little tight for me due to some poor timing in the last few months (sick dog + buying wife's gear, etc.).

I was okay for the trip until Sunday night an issue I've had with my septic system cropped up yet again! I am none too happy about this! Aside from the trip, I just don't want to throw another $375 at my septic system.

The company who services my septic (Aerobic Services of South Texas) is coming out Tuesday to see what's up. As I do not have a contract with them anymore, initially they have told me I will most likely be paying again, if that is the case I am out. I just will not have the cash.

It does suck, and I am not one to bail out of things ever, but if I don't have the money I just don't have the money. :(

I told John I'd let him know for sure tomorrow when they come out and give me the verdict.

If John wants to cut me now to make things easier to plan, I support and understand that decision 100%. My issues are not his problem and they should not hold up this trip.

Thanks. :)

Gena and I are still in. Gena already has her gear packed and sitting by the door.

As I understand things- Tony, Frank, Gena and I will be riding in Tony's pontoon boat. Tony, speak up here. The four of us also have a cabin accomodation at Brady Mt.

Gena and I are still in. Gena already has her gear packed and sitting by the door.

As I understand things- Tony, Frank, Gena and I will be riding in Tony's pontoon boat. Tony, speak up here. The four of us also have a cabin accomodation at Brady Mt.

The fire house/bunkhouse: 3 BR with LR sofa/ kitchen/ porch

Attendees

TONY BR1 25 TWIN

FRANK BR1 30 TWIN he gets to pick which bed!

JOHN R BR2 30 KING

GENA BR2 30 KING

JOHN A BR3 40 DOUBLE

MICHAEL LR (Hydro12) 20 FLOOR

JEFF LR 20 FLOOR

LAYNE LR 20 FLOOR

BRANDON LR (or porch:D) 20 FLOOR

CHARLIE motel or camp or welcome in the firehouse

DONNA motel or camp or welcome in the firehouse (for a nominal fee :rofl3:)
215___total

Yes on the boat plans to date. I did call and a 20' boat will cost $300 for Sat morn. till noon Sun. should Jeff and Brandon not show. Still, that would put 5 on one of the boats.... crowded. If that happens and John and Gena can share costs of the 30', that evens out the cost to about 75 per person for the boats as Frank and I will share the cost of fuel and hauling mine. Doesn't matter much which boat as we'll be tied up side by side, we'll work it out to be as efficient as possible.

Thinking of which, better have some lines to tie off gear to climb out of the water, most pontoon boats don't have scuba friendly ladders.

Last edited:
O'Shea is out. I'll be PMing the remaining Austin divers so we can regroup and find another place to rendezvous for the day of departure.

Tony, can we figure out who is going on what boat so I can get that one figured out too? Thanks, buddy!

New attendees list...

1. John Andrews
2. Tony Montoya
3. Frank Poyle
4. John R.
5. Gena
6. Jeff
7. Charlie Saul
8. Donna
9. Layne
10. Michael Davis (Hydro12) ***from Longview, riding up with Tony

Maybe - Brandon (won't know until Wed or Thur).

John, (add Michael) Looks like we'll still need the 30 ft boat. Michael is willing to chip in on it too.

Wait, I am sorry but I am confused. Where are we meeting on Friday and what time. Are we camping (which is absolutely fine with me) or sharing a cabin. If I am sleep on the floor in a cabin (which is also fine), I might rather just camp outside and save the expense of the cabin unless it is equal to or less than the camping fee. Still seems like there is a lot of info being tossed about...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom