Lake Ouachita Road Trip (Oct 3/4)

Are you comin' with us, or gonna stick around the house and do your chores? LOL!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

No, it's all pretty simple. The thing that threw a wrench in the works is we've had at least one person bail last second and another who may. If you're going for sure that's all that matters. I just need to make sure we're covering a second vessel and the carpool from Austin. As long as that part is a go you can camp or I can bring you a cot to sleep in the cabin. Either is fine. That part is completely up to you. Heck, you can have my bed and I'll sleep on a cot. Doesn't matter a bit to me. I've slept on rock ledges on the sides of mountains in the rain before. A cot in a cabin is luxury living for me! LOL!!! :wink:

We are going to need to come up with a different rendezvous point for the Austin contingency. I live near 620 and 45. We could meet at Brandon's place or at your house. I'll PM all of y'all about this. I've just been swamped. Personally, I can't wait to get out of town and go diving!! :D

Wait, I am sorry but I am confused. Where are we meeting on Friday and what time. Are we camping (which is absolutely fine with me) or sharing a cabin. If I am sleep on the floor in a cabin (which is also fine), I might rather just camp outside and save the expense of the cabin unless it is equal to or less than the camping fee. Still seems like there is a lot of info being tossed about...

Wait, I am sorry but I am confused. Where are we meeting on Friday and what time. Are we camping (which is absolutely fine with me) or sharing a cabin. If I am sleep on the floor in a cabin (which is also fine), I might rather just camp outside and save the expense of the cabin unless it is equal to or less than the camping fee. Still seems like there is a lot of info being tossed about...

As far as the time, I think John has and eye Dr. appt. at noon on Friday, so check with him as to the time of departure. Frank, Michael and I will be at the lake before noon on Friday, with richerso and techgirl arriving friday afternoon.
chucksaul and donna have a planned eta at the lake of around 6 pm. friday.

Chance of rain friday night 30% since ya'll will be getting there after dark,:shocked2: still, it's great to camp out.
Brady Mountain Camp Sites and Boat Ramps Lake Ouachita

campsites are 10-12/night primitive 12-14/night with electricity, I offered up the floor for 10/night. Charlie and Donna may camp if the weather is good, Brandon said he was camping or would sleep on his cot where ever it would fit. Cabin holds 8 max. 3 BR (taken) one bath, small LR, full kitchen and a porch. FYI, John A has a BR with a full size bed, (cue banjo music :rofl3:)

now that's clear as Texas Swamp Water or What? :D

Hey, I don't mind sharing the bed, but if I hear banjo music start up somebody's gonna get hurt. LOL! :rofl3:

As far as the time, I think John has and eye Dr. appt. at noon on Friday, so check with him as to the time of departure. Frank, Michael and I will be at the lake before noon on Friday, with richerso and techgirl arriving friday afternoon.
chucksaul and donna have a planned eta at the lake of around 6 pm. friday.

Chance of rain friday night 30% since ya'll will be getting there after dark,:shocked2: still, it's great to camp out.
Brady Mountain Camp Sites and Boat Ramps Lake Ouachita

campsites are 10-12/night primitive 12-14/night with electricity, I offered up the floor for 10/night. Charlie and Donna may camp if the weather is good, Brandon said he was camping or would sleep on his cot where ever it would fit. Cabin holds 8 max. 3 BR (taken) one bath, small LR, full kitchen and a porch. FYI, John A has a BR with a full size bed, (cue banjo music :rofl3:)

now that's clear as Texas Swamp Water or What? :D

OK...the 30' pontoon is booked over at Spillway Marina. We have it from 8 a.m. Saturday until 1 p.m. Sunday.

So here's Charlie and Donna's deal... We will arrive around 6 Friday... On the way I am sure I will be altered to the arrangements.. bright skies cool nights=camping... dark, ugly, ominous skies... see you saturday morning. We will need 2 spots on a boat. Donna may or may not dive, but she will do spotter if she doesnt dive... I am bringing a VHF radio, Tony has one, which means there is one for each boat... Since we dont have boat names we will just use our Swamper names... I am almost 100% positive, subjec t to a change at any time, that we will not be needing sleeping arrangements...

I sayth no more.

Hey, I don't mind sharing the bed, but if I hear banjo music start up somebody's gonna get hurt. LOL! :rofl3:

Cue Banjo music :lotsalove:
Just kidding John :cool2:

Times, hmmm. techgirl and I should be arriving approx. 12 noon to 1pm on Friday. We'll hover around the Brady Mt. resort area upon arrival and try to be hovering at the marina boat launch by 1pm, at the latest.

VHF radios?
I have a VHF radio; but somehow I think it's different from whay you guys are talking about. I am ham radio operator. My radio operates 144 - 148 MHz; but it does not transmit on the marine VHF frequencies.

Looks like a fun group of people to dive with :dancingsnoopy:

Sorry about the late reply. I've spoken with Tony a few times today and I'm good to go for this weekend. I'll be riding up with Tony to the lake from NE Texas. I'm good for splitting the 30' pontoon boat. We'll settle up when we get there. John, just tell me what I owe you.

Awesome...glad you can join us! The more the merrier! This is going to be a great time...awesome diving and a great group of Swampers! :D

Sorry about the late reply. I've spoken with Tony a few times today and I'm good to go for this weekend. I'll be riding up with Tony to the lake from NE Texas. I'm good for splitting the 30' pontoon boat. We'll settle up when we get there. John, just tell me what I owe you.

Woke up to low 60s here, reports of low/mid 50s at Oauchita.... nice, fall is here. :D

Local weather says 40% chance of rains Thurs night into Fri morning and CLEAR skys Saturday. In the 40's at the Lake tomorrow morning....but should warm up nice in the day, upper 70s Looks Great for the weekend!

From Yahoo weather:

Today High: 79°
Tomorrow Low: 47° High: 78°
Thu Low: 58° High: 82°
Fri Low: 54° High: 73°
Sat Low: 50° High: 72°
Sun Low: 51°

Back
Top Bottom