Keys w/SoCal divers Saturday 8/7

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

when i was little, my mother used to rent me out as a traffic light... but then i got too big to fit

alas, i peaked early

H2Andy:
when i was little, my mother used to rent me out as a traffic light... but then i got too big to fit

alas, i peaked early
Peaked or puked?

madeline:
boat is fulllll Chuck made it by the skin of his teeth,
Yipes! That was too quick. I called Brian and he said that he'd continue taking reservations (866-293-5006) and that we have two options...

Since we're "all family" we can put more on one boat - up to 12. Or, we can start taking over the 2nd boat and make this a seriously BIG dive party.

I'm going to start working on the reservation for dinner at Sundowner's. I guess I should begin with 10 seats by the water but will continue to watch this thread. We can go elsewhere - there are several well established landmarks nearby - so maybe I'll start another thread as the date approaches and we can decide. Sundowner's can be pricey ($25+ entrees) but I could easily head back to Hobo's for a GREAT $10 burger w/fries.

THIS will be a memorable ScubaBoard trip for sure. Tell anybody who hasn't signed up to give Brian a call 866-293-5006 so we can keep track of the count. Also, if you drop out, please be sure to give Brian a ring... the policy for dive ops down there is to charge for no-shows, though I don't know if Brian does.

Sundowners sounds great, but Hobos is probably more to my liking.

Not too worried about location of the after diving dining, as long as there is food, enough seats for us and we get some time to sit and chat (recoup after the diving).

As for the boat diving, i reckon we head for two boat loads - or at least majority share on both boats and dictate where we want to be taken!!

coming from out of town, i have to factor in lodging costs, so food-wise i would
prefer cheaper rather than expensive

Marvel:
Are we REALLY setting up a trip 2 months early????? This does not seem like OUR wacky bunch of divers! :wink:
Yes and its at least half full - better get your name in quick - this must be one of the hottest trips this summer. However if you have just got back from Bonaire, then you will be dived out for at least another few months - best skip this one :wink:

Ditto on the lodging. I will be in need of a cheap roommate. I know Comfort Inn in Florida City has rooms for $50 a night. That would be $25 per person. Not bad. And it's about 40 minutes away.

Oh and Simon, we will see who dives who's face off... Venice Beach is only the beginning...bwahaha......

Chuck

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom