Keys w/SoCal divers Saturday 8/7

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MikeJacobs:
I just imagined a conversation with Jeremy (ReefTrekker) and in it he offered to do a class/exam session Friday afternoon/evening with the checkout dive the next day on the first tank. So, you'll finally be Nitrox certified AND you'll be able to dive with the main pack on this dive.

For those of you who don't know, Jeremy is our unofficial-official instructor (or one of 'em) and I've heard he works for pizza bones.

OK, this was just in my imagination but he'd never disappoint us and it's early enough that he doesn't have an excuse anyway.

I just imagined Jeremy confirming! It's now official!

Scott has lent me a book and a tape, and Marvel has a book. Somebody else has a book and a tape as well, so if you need Nitrox PM me and I'd imagine that I can manage to get you hooked up.

Put me down for Nitrox. Finally.

You are kidding about the boat part right....RIGHT? :crafty:

BIGSAGE136:
Put me down for Nitrox. Finally. You are kidding about the boat part right....RIGHT? :crafty:
Nope, why not do your Nitrox dive that morning? Brian has lots of nitrox and it's cheaper than hauling tanks in from elsewhere. I imagine Jeremy will be happy to hear he has at least one student. Save your pizza bones, Oliver!

Actually, I am trying to set something up with Jeremy now for nitrox, we were talking about a beach dive....MIke you might want to contact Jeremy about your imagination! Oh, and can I borrow your book and tapes? Please...my favorite yellow shark!??:D

MikeJacobs:
Nope, why not do your Nitrox dive that morning? Brian has lots of nitrox and it's cheaper than hauling tanks in from elsewhere. I imagine Jeremy will be happy to hear he has at least one student. Save your pizza bones, Oliver!

I am refering to diving from boats. Yes I have been known to climb a ladder or two.

A cople of things Mike:

PIZZA BONES???????????? are those the curved crustlettes that are often left in the box or on the pan? Pizza Bones? Classic.

Seeing as we'll be diving our face off that extended weekend, doing the 4-dive mid point Key's dives on EAN would be great for Jaye and I. What are the logistics involved with securing EAN 32 for these dives?

Thanks -

K

MikeJacobs:
Jenny is going too, so if you and her want to join up for a referesher course just let one of our many instructors know.
Just saw that...hmmmm....paybacks for that comment....hmmmm....thinking...Of course, you could be my buddy and help me back on the boat if I help you off:D

We can actually get Nitrox here, just like in more civilized places like So California lol! Around town here Nitrox fills are easy to find.

Brian will have enough EAN32 for the dives and it's cheaper than filling/bringing your own tanks (unless you have a 100-fill card lol). He can run out of EAN36 for the afternoon boats so reserve it with a phone call if you want it.

I'll get things set up with Jeremy and post a new thread with the place/time for the Friday nitrox class & test.
Mo2vation:
SNIP...What are the logistics involved with securing EAN 32 for these dives?

Hardy har har... I just HAD to read the geography lesson.
Now, I stand a humble, edumicated Floridian.

Mo2vation:
Making me bust out the geography lesson in front of out-of-staters is not good. But I still love ya.... :eyebrow:

SD is in Low Cal.

Called IA - Jaye and I are IN on thr 7th for some Keys fun.

K

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom