Keys w/SoCal divers Saturday 8/7

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MikeJacobs

Reaction score
Duane, Molassas Reef - Spiegel Grove, French Reef (not necessarily in that order lol)

There will be several Southern California with us this time - they'll be the ones skinny dipping lol.

Call Brian for your reservation & tell him you're with Scubaboard (remember, if we get 10 we get a discount).

866-293-5006 http://www.islandventure.com/contact.htm

I'll be on both boats (AM & PM). It's an 8AM show for the first boat, and the 2nd boat gets in about 5PM.

Island Ventures is located at mile marker 104 in the little marina with Sundowners & Senior Frejoles (look for the big billboards). We'll order lunch from Sr. Frejoles on the way back in so it will be ready this time!

If you're up for dinner & a Keys sunset afterward, let us know so we can reserve a good table.

I'm booked for morning and afternoon dives now, just talked to Brian.

can't wait!!

Quite possible for that trip, at least by myself, will have to check if Becky wants to come along for this and the friday dives at Ft Lauderdale too. Wont know for a few weeks if Becky can make it, but i will try to book up our places just in case, can always cancel later :wink: Just booked two places for those two dives on that day, 5 people total on the SB trip.

MikeJacobs:
Duane, Molassas Reef - Spiegel Grove, French Reef (not necessarily in that order lol)

Lovin it. We'll have everything but weights and cylinders. No prob, right?

MikeJacobs:
There will be several Southern California with us this time - they'll be the ones skinny dipping lol.
uh, you say that likes its a bad thing. What are you sayin'?

MikeJacobs:
Call Brian for your reservation & tell him you're with Scubaboard (remember, if we get 10 we get a discount). 866-293-5006 http://www.islandventure.com/contact.htm

I'll be on both boats (AM & PM). It's an 8AM show for the first boat, and the 2nd boat gets in about 5PM.

Island Ventures is located at mile marker 104 in the little marina with Sundowners & Senior Frejoles (look for the big billboards). We'll order lunch from Sr. Frejoles on the way back in so it will be ready this time!

I am so all over this. I'll call Thursday AM.

MikeJacobs:
If you're up for dinner & a Keys sunset afterward, let us know so we can reserve a good table.

Gotta eat. I'd love to dine as opposed to dive and dash. We'll be staying in the FLL area, so its like driving from San Diego back to So Cal - like 90 - 120 minutes? No problem.

Looking forward to it!

K

headhunter:
Um... Ken... Last I checked San Diego was IN So Cal. :wink:

Christian

Making me bust out the geography lesson in front of out-of-staters is not good. But I still love ya.... :eyebrow:

SD is in Low Cal.

Called IA - Jaye and I are IN on thr 7th for some Keys fun.

K

Should we start up a calendar event for this thing??

So we are now 7 strong (8 booked - grrrr, who is that other person?) - looking better for the discount. Did Mike say they have two boats, so we could definately get 10 together for the dives, even if others had booked for that day - they would be shuffled off to the other boat?

Mo2vation:
Lovin it. We'll have everything but weights and cylinders. No prob, right?
Right. Tanks are less expensive there than you'll get elsewhere and weights are on-board (no charge).
Mo2vation:
uh, you say that likes its a bad thing. What are you sayin'?
lol that you won't be wearing any "exposure" gear because the water feels like a warm bath here now.
Mo2vation:
Gotta eat. I'd love to dine as opposed to dive and dash. We'll be staying in the FLL area, so its like driving from San Diego back to So Cal - like 90 - 120 minutes? No problem.
Yup, no problem except we have the same traffic issues here, so timing is *everything* lol. Besides, most of the people I go with remember the sunset dinner about as much as the actual dives believe it or not.

I really miss San Diego & Catalina diving. I grew up in Long Beach during the 60s-70s and then moved myself down to Escondido for the late 80s & early 90s. My sister still lives in San Juan Capistrano.

I'll be interested to learn whether you think we have it better here or not...

simbrooks:
Should we start up a calendar event for this thing??

So we are now 7 strong (8 booked - grrrr, who is that other person?) - looking better for the discount. Did Mike say they have two boats, so we could definately get 10 together for the dives, even if others had booked for that day - they would be shuffled off to the other boat?
Yes, though I don't know anything about "calender event" -ing it sounds good... please explain. Also, yes, Brian will take good care of us. I think his boats hold 15 but we could squeeze more as long as we're "all family" lol.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom