Keys w/SoCal divers Saturday 8/7

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

received this back from Brian, hope this helps
I have plenty of Nitrox available at the dock

I can even fill your tank on the spot

8 for a nitrox fill

10 for high pressure nitrox fill

7 nitrox tank upgrade "rental"

Ok, So Far we have
Scuba_jenny
MikeJacobs
Madaline
FLL Diver
SmokeAire
Simbrooks
Mo2vation and Jaye
H2Andy
JoeAmit
BigSage

11 divers. 2 dive trips, for a total of 4 dives. Meet at 8AM at Island Ventures . 866-293-5006. Dinner at someplace for the frugal minded. Madaline looking for a female roomate (at least I am assuming you are :D).

Scuba_Jenny:
Ok, So Far we have
Scuba_jenny
MikeJacobs
Madaline
FLL Diver
SmokeAire
Simbrooks
Mo2vation and Jaye
H2Andy
JoeAmit
BigSage

11 divers. 2 dive trips, for a total of 4 dives. Meet at 8AM at Island Ventures . 866-293-5006. Dinner at someplace for the frugal minded. Madaline looking for a female roomate (at least I am assuming you are :D).
I am no longer +1, and Mike said potentially he wasnt coming (via PM) due to family stuff in CA. Madeline, and hubby (roommate as well i am sure), Smokaire and H2Andy seem to have found a cozy pad around Largo, i dont know if anyone else is really looking for accom though as most of you are lucky enough to live within a day's drive :wink:

Still looking forward to it, we still have 10 divers (possibly 11), so the boat is our and the discounts too!! Only 30 days to go - we just need to sort out if there is anything bigger than beach diving going on friday morning, otherwise i dont think there is much else we can plan on - well the food aspect is still to be decided.

... excluding ME lol... it's ironic, but I'll be in California now while the California divers are down here. The trip can't be avoided but I'll really, really REALLY RREEAALLYY miss everybody and the great dive as well.

well our place comes with a kitchen, so if you want to use it ok with me, my niece and nephew from va. might be coming down, told them to get on the thread and check it out so . are we trying to fill up the second boat??? and are you going to do beach dives on fri. up in Hollywood??

simbrooks:
Only 30 days to go - we just need to sort out if there is anything bigger than beach diving going on friday morning, otherwise i dont think there is much else we can plan on - well the food aspect is still to be decided.

Yippie!

I can't wait. I need to get together the Friday dives - either a WPB boat dive or something form the shore up there. Sat is keys, and Sunday is the mighty, mighty ScubaJenny show in FLL.

Did I mention I'm pretty excited to get out there and see y'all???

:D

K

Part of the fun of this trip is the good food and conversation before, during and after the dives. I'd have coordinated the when/where and even what but now that I'm not going it would be "prudent" for somebody to take over the job. Oh, and before I forget, don't forget to supplement meals with Bonine or non-drowsy Dramamene... just in case.

Breakfast is easy. It's probably better to get breakfast on the way down since you'll be busy signing in and loading your gear when you arrive. I'm usually running a little late, however, and like to GET THERE and then see if there's time for a bite. Usually somebody makes a run to McDonald's at the last possible minute, but that morning boat takes off EXACTLY at 8:30 so don't be late. The McDonald's about a half-mile south (on the left side) does not have a full menu, so you basically have the choice of McMuffins or Sausage Biscuits and coffee.

Lunch is more difficult. You won't have time to go anywhere and if you wait to order from Sr. Frejoles you'll be eating ON the 2nd boat on your way out - not fun (if you get your food at all). So, Brian has menus on board and will call Hobo's, Sr. Frejoles or a couple of other places. The problem is that the driver is usually too busy to remember to call the order in ahead so somebody has to remind him or her in time. I like Sr. Frejoles, and the chimichanga makes a GREAT lunch for two (order a couple of extra flour tortillas with that and it could be lunch for three. SoCal divers: you haven't lived until you've had authentic Mexican food laced with curry... why the hell they do that I don't know but they can't be talked out of it lol).

Dinner is easy although you have to call ahead to make sure seating is available for large groups. I like Sundowner's right next door, but it's often reservations-only during the season on a Saturday night so you should get your head count in before the 2nd boat trip. The sunset view is terrific if you get a water-close table! Hobo Joe's is easier, cheaper and more than sufficient - it's a landmark. There are other places as well, but these the places I usually do the post-dive dinner and they work well.

You'll work up an appetite on this trip and I've found that it's much more gratifying to plan a little ahead than to "herd cats" while everybody's tired, excited and on unfamiliar turf!

MikeJacobs:
Part of the fun of this trip is the good food and conversation before, during and after the dives.
I dont mind before or after, but i find during a dive to be a hard time to have a conversation - and who wants one anyway - its about peace and tranquility surely :wink: I know what you meant Mike.

I am happy with any of those dining options on the way down (breakfast), whilst there for lunch and before heading back (dinner), i guess i am car pooling with at least Scuba_Jenny, dont know if anyone else can really squeeze in to a car with all the gear though.

When i was chatting with Madeline monday, she suggested they might rent tanks there from the boat rather than messing around with their own - you dont have to carry them anywhere, nor do you have to get real stressed about making sure that they are filled before getting back on the boat, however do they have an analyser (portable) for us all to check our nitrox fills? I am seriously considering it as the price of renting a pair of tanks is barely more than a fill (according to what i was told) in your own tank - just a thought.

simbrooks:
SNIP...suggested they might rent tanks there from the boat rather than messing around with their own - you dont have to carry them anywhere, nor do you have to get real stressed about making sure that they are filled before getting back on the boat, however do they have an analyser (portable) for us all to check our nitrox fills?
Yes, they do and I'd strongly suggest nobody blows-off using it, either. We've all caught a few 36's that were actually 32's and vice versa at different shops, eh?

MikeJacobs:
Part of the fun of this trip is the good food and conversation before, during and after the dives. I'd have coordinated the when/where and even what but now that I'm not going it would be "prudent" for somebody to take over the job. Oh, and before I forget, don't forget to supplement meals with Bonine or non-drowsy Dramamene... just in case.

(lol) Mike you sound like a father leaving his kids alone for the firs time (lol)...

I just saw this thread and couldn't resist so I mentioned it to Rick. We'd love to join in the fun and meet the rest of the gang.. :dazzler1: Glad to hear Jenn, H2 and Bigsage are going to be there, looking forward to meeting simbrooks the English Chap with the sinus conditions(lol) everytime I read his posts there something going on with his sinuses or something (lol).

So I think I'll call this A Scubaboard Blast! Don't worry we'll take good care of your guests :devil_3: You can officially include us for this ONE!!!! :dazzler1:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom