Keys w/SoCal divers Saturday 8/7

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

okies... updated forecast:

Friday And Friday Night

Mainly west winds near 15 knots. Seas beyond the reef building to 3 to 5 feet. Seas inside the reef around 2 feet. Nearshore waters a moderate chop. Scattered showers and isolated thunderstorms.

Saturday

Mainly southwest winds decreasing to near 10 knots. Seas beyond the reef subsiding to 2 to 3 feet. Seas inside the reef subsiding to around 1 foot. Nearshore waters becoming a light chop. Scattered showers and isolated thunderstorms.

Sunday And Monday

Mainly south winds 5 to 10 knots. Seas beyond the reef around 2 feet. Seas inside the reef 1 foot or less. Nearshore waters smooth to a light chop. Scattered showers and isolated thunderstorms.

-------------------------------------------

the trend continues to be one of light or little wind,
so... looks like it's going to be one heck of a weekend to dive!

Roll call updated/reduced:
Headcount once more:
1.Scuba_jenny
2.Madaline
3.SmokeAire
4.Simbrooks
5&6.Mo2vation and Jaye
7.H2Andy
8.JoeAmit
9.Tony Desanti
10.Wstein
11.KBeck
12.Back40
13.Wayne - another of the village people
14.Charlie99
15.FLL Diver
Bob (w/ Madeline) BW

Is 15 too much for the one boat? Otherwise we are in two with a slight majority on both boats.

Sorry that Sage, Scbababe and Scubaguy62 cant come, will hope to see all 3 of you during the weekend though.

Condolences to Sage, never nice to lose someone close.

BTW, Andy, is that forecast for Key Largo or Ft Lauderdale, or are they likely to be similar? It does look like a nice weekend - but remember your dramine! (sp?)

simbrooks:
Roll call updated/reduced:
Headcount once more:
1.Scuba_jenny
2.Madaline
3.SmokeAire
4.Simbrooks
5&6.Mo2vation and Jaye
7.H2Andy
8.JoeAmit
9.Tony Desanti
10.Wstein
11.KBeck
12.Back40
13.Wayne - another of the village people
14.Charlie99
Bob (w/ Madeline) BW

Is 14 too much for the one boat? Otherwise we are in two with a slight majority on both boats.

Sorry that Sage, Scbababe and Scubaguy62 cant come, will hope to see all 3 of you during the weekend though.

Condolences to Sage, never nice to lose someone close.

BTW, Andy, is that forecast for Key Largo or Ft Lauderdale, or are they likely to be similar? It does look like a nice weekend - but remember your dramine! (sp?)

If Sage and Scbababe cancelled, and Scubaguy62 was only BW'ing anyway, you seem to have lost one more somewhere from the original booked 17 divers?

Marc :wink:

FLL Diver:
If Sage and Scbababe cancelled, and Scubaguy62 was only BW'ing anyway, you seem to have lost one more somewhere from the original booked 17 divers?

Marc :wink:
Who could that be??? :wink:

Sorry Marc, i get the names of all you SE FL divers mixed up seeing as i havent dove with half of you yet! I dont think the scbababe nor scubaguy62 would be too happy if you were included in their marriage and therefore joint diving retraction. Consider yourself back on the boat after a brief dockside wait :wink:

However that for sure is too much for one boat, just have to draw straws i guess! If Andy could potentially barf, i would like to be on the other boat than him, and so i dont get sucked into weird conversations about buoyancy control using water ballast. :wink:

SmokeAire:
Sage,
I know what your'e going through. Three months ago my father passed away. I moved down here a year ago May 1st. A month later he was diagnose with esophageal cancer. He underwent surgery to remove the tumor and half his stomach. A month later the cancer came back. He could only take in liquid food thru a feeding tube. I took this past year off to take of him and Mom.
Three days before he passed away Mom was admitted into the hospital for heart problems.

Fortunatly I was able to be at his side when he died. I told him that he had giving my brother and I a great life, that we had given it the good fight and that it was now ok to go and that he will be in a far better place. Five minutes later he passed away. My father and best friend of fifty years was gone.

I belive this why God insprired me to move down here, to give back to my Parents a litte of what they spent most of their life giving to my brother and I, love and caring.

If it wasn't for the friends that I have made in the short time living here in the Villages and all of the wonderful people I have met because of this board I don't know what I would have done. These freindships are genuine, sincere and true. We are very lucky to be apart of that.

I don't know about you but I haven't had that big cry that I'm told will come. Perhaps you and I can add a bit of our won salt to the vast and wonderful ocean that we love so much and sustains us in these rough and sad times.

Hope to see you Sunday.

Be safe.

Chuck

Hi Chuck,

I'm sorry to hear about your father. I lost my father just over a year ago, and I still have plenty of days that I wish I could talk with him.

One of the reasons that I love diving around the piers so much is that he and I spent many summer days fishing on the piers of South Carolina together, enjoying those long hours just talking about life. One of my greatest regrets is that I wasn't able to share the coral reef with him. We had planned to take a dive/snorkel trip for his 70th birthday in June, and he died unexpectedly in March.

I wish you the best as you work through this time. If you ever want/need a friend to talk with about this, please feel free to call.

Take care and have a great trip this weekend. The ones of us manning the home front will be thinking about you guys.
-Grier

simbrooks:
If Andy could potentially barf, i would like to be on the other boat than him, and so i dont get sucked into weird conversations about buoyancy control using water ballast. :wink:
Don't be so curt with him you dweeb.

Thanks Grier. Hope to see you, Sage and the rest of the great Hollywood gang on Sunday.

Chuck

SmokeAire:
Andy has few faults in this life, why not make fun when you he offers it to you on a plate?? :wink: Are you bringing the sick bags or shall i? What is the specific gravity of sick anyways, does it float or sink?

SmokeAire:

hahahaha... haha...

that was priceless

simbrooks:
What is the specific gravity of sick anyways, does it float or sink?

after extensive experimentation, i can attest that it sinks

i should win a Nobel or something for my contributions
in the field of aquatic regurgitation *

*-- i.e. vomit, upchuck, throw up, disgorge, puke, liquid laugh, technicolor yawn, hurl, blow chunks, toss my cookies, spew, heave, call up uncle ralph on the big white phone, bow to the porcelain god, drive the porcelain bus

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom