Keys w/SoCal divers Saturday 8/7

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Not a problem buddy. Look forward to having a shoulder for ya on Sunday.

long range, but they are calling for 30% chance of rain
and chance for thunderstorms all day.

as to the marine forecast, it looks very good:

Southwest to west winds around 10 knots. Seas beyond the reef 2 to 3 feet. Seas inside the reef around 1 foot. Nearshore waters a light chop. Scattered showers and isolated thunderstorms.

BIGSAGE136:
This is the very short version. My cousin "Yank" died today. Besides being a true angel she was a great gal, and probably the sweetest thing this side of heaven.

We will be passing her on Saturday. Grace Memorial Funeral
Home in Miami.

Think good thoughts.

Be in touch

Peace and Blessings

My condolences, my friend,
Grier

Hope y'all have a great weekend. I sure wish I could join you, but I have to spend my weekend in beautiful central Nebraska.

Maybe I'll get a chance to dive the Platte River while I'm there!

H2Andy:
i'll arrive there late on Friday... unfortunately, i am already spoken for, buddy wise :wink:
Hold that thought Andy...

Although not as strong a reason as SAGE's, it looks as if Angie and I are going to have to miss Saturday's dive. We've had a bit of a situation that needs attention for that day, but we hope to be able to join you all for the beach diving on Sunday. I would have had to BW anyway; the doctor is not inclined to clear me for boat diving for a couple or three more weeks.... :06:

BIGSAGE136:
I've gottem some PM's and messages here. Thanks to all. You guys are like family. The people I've met here really personify the term buddy. "Yank" Alverene Genese McBride...hence the
"Yank", short for yanky is being laid to rest on Saturday at 11am.

I really dont know how I'm going to take this. Yank was close.
Whenever I give spiritual advice I like to remind myself that nature has a way reclaiming whats her's, and God always takes care of whats his. I know Yank is better off.

Think good thoughts.

I still hope to get wet as a sort of decompression. Somebody please hold LBTS open for a Sunday morning dive. I'm gonna need it.

Peace.
Sage,
I know what your'e going through. Three months ago my father passed away. I moved down here a year ago May 1st. A month later he was diagnose with esophageal cancer. He underwent surgery to remove the tumor and half his stomach. A month later the cancer came back. He could only take in liquid food thru a feeding tube. I took this past year off to take of him and Mom.
Three days before he passed away Mom was admitted into the hospital for heart problems.

Fortunatly I was able to be at his side when he died. I told him that he had giving my brother and I a great life, that we had given it the good fight and that it was now ok to go and that he will be in a far better place. Five minutes later he passed away. My father and best friend of fifty years was gone.

I belive this why God insprired me to move down here, to give back to my Parents a litte of what they spent most of their life giving to my brother and I, love and caring.

If it wasn't for the friends that I have made in the short time living here in the Villages and all of the wonderful people I have met because of this board I don't know what I would have done. These freindships are genuine, sincere and true. We are very lucky to be apart of that.

I don't know about you but I haven't had that big cry that I'm told will come. Perhaps you and I can add a bit of our won salt to the vast and wonderful ocean that we love so much and sustains us in these rough and sad times.

Hope to see you Sunday.

Be safe.

Chuck

Hey all, it seems we are not going to be able to make it to the Keys on Saturday, no one is more disappointed than me. I hope to see most of you guys on Sunday.
(I'm so sad..)

i'm pretty darn dissapointed too

Jake and I are still in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We leave tomorrow (Thurs) first AM. See you all this weekend.

WOO HOO!!

K

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom