Keep an eye on this one

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

559297_418096098235953_1571967457_n.jpg

Beach and pool chairs still out, boats still in the water.

Last edited:
We are currently experiencing a gentle rain, not much wind... we'll see how this plays out, but right now it's just a rainy (almost misty, rather) afternoon.

It rained hard again a few minutes ago for a few minutes! :D

Here are some photos from today between 1pm and 4pm!

I just shared an "Ernesto album" on our Blue XT~Sea facebook page! Too many to post here :)
https://www.facebook.com/BlueXTSeaDivers

BTW - Yes, now a Cat 1, but the center of the storm is still expected to pass at the Mexico/Belize border, a good 300+km south of us (193 miles). Hurricane force winds extend out 35 miles from the center and TS force winds extend out 140 miles. Hopefully that puts things in perspective.

We are not expected to have gusts of over 40mph and lower sustained winds - we experience those in a norte!

Last edited:
Everyone (including the snarky posts) has been so great posting updates and opinions. My family (the 5 of us) have been scheduled to come to Coz for months starting Aug 9th-27. I have been such a dope and didn't even know about Ernie until a few days ago when my husband decided to clue-me-in (of course waiting until he was certain there was little threat of it hitting Cozumel. And just as he thought, I have been glued to all weather sites and Scuba board for hourly updates. I want to thank Christi for her sound calming info and everyone else for the humor. See you at the meet-n- great Thursday night!

We are currently experiencing a gentle rain, not much wind... we'll see how this plays out, but right now it's just a rainy (almost misty, rather) afternoon.

Everyone (including the snarky posts) has been so great posting updates and opinions. My family (the 5 of us) have been scheduled to come to Coz for months starting Aug 9th-27. I have been such a dope and didn't even know about Ernie until a few days ago when my husband decided to clue-me-in (of course waiting until he was certain there was little threat of it hitting Cozumel. And just as he thought, I have been glued to all weather sites and Scuba board for hourly updates. I want to thank Christi for her sound calming info and everyone else for the humor. See you at the meet-n- great Thursday night!

You will be here a full day after the storm has passed! Typically, the weather immediately following a storm is absolutely gorgeous and a little cooler - and I am hoping that trend stays true after Ernesto! You will have a great time and no worries about Ernie :)

Data bouy closest to San Miguel in the Yucatan Basin..
NDBC - Station 42056

Other half is in Chetumal... he is so disappointed.. its not much of an event. He was there for Dean, so anything less is
not going to get his attention much..

Not to be argumentative cause I'm up here and you're down there but the latest map I've seen shows the center of the storm (12 hours out) passing right over top of Felipe Carrillo Puerto. How far south is that ? The distance between the storm points on the map is 12 hours so they're talking hitting the mainland about 3 am..ish.

Hope it passes as far south as possible.

Click for Larger view

storm-14.jpg

Back
Top Bottom