Keep eye on NHC, possible storms about a week out

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I dunno - no where near enough experience to figure that out - the currents still have me baffled. I'd think it might effect it somewhat but there's a lot of water moving thru that channel so I wouldn't think it'd be long term. I sometimes think that rain and drainage from the mangroves have more effect than anything.

I had one DM tell me the hurricane that was on the west coast of Panama was jacking with the currents and the viz. I don't know how it would do it, but I wasn't going to argue with someone that probably had 10,000+ dives in those waters.

Nana is now projected to veer south into Belize and Omar is breaking up at sea east of the U.S. It's barely September and we are already up to looking for a P-named storm?!

upload_2020-9-1_19-13-28.png

I had one DM tell me the hurricane that was on the west coast of Panama was jacking with the currents and the viz. I don't know how it would do it, but I wasn't going to argue with someone that probably had 10,000+ dives in those waters.
As narrow as that land bridge is, a Pacific storm could be close enough to affect Caribbean weather, but that's as my farmboy training goes.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom