June 2019 Roll Call

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That said, I still would have slipped off to Coz between big trips except for "see above." I hope pricing & especially flight schedules from my region settle down soon and don't become the new norm for Coz.

Do the bag drag. Cun flights are usually cheaper. That's what I do, because same reason.

Do the bag drag. Cun flights are usually cheaper. That's what I do, because same reason.

Wish it was that simple. CUN prices and schedules are currently just as volatile in my area. :(

I used to have a direct flight from Philadelphia to Cozumel for $5-600, now I have a stop for $1000. I can fly direct to Grand Cayman for just over $500. Sorry, you can do the bag drag from Cancun, not interested. I can do 1 stop to Bonaire for less than Cozumel, and save a bunch of money doing shore diving. Cozumel just isn't the bargain it used to be. Go Cozumel fans...

I used to have a direct flight from Philadelphia to Cozumel for $5-600, now I have a stop for $1000. I can fly direct to Grand Cayman for just over $500. Sorry, you can do the bag drag from Cancun, not interested. I can do 1 stop to Bonaire for less than Cozumel, and save a bunch of money doing shore diving. Cozumel just isn't the bargain it used to be. Go Cozumel fans...
This is the MAIN reason I prefer the southern AI in cozumel. I'm there for 18 days at a cost of 1600 OP. So if you call it $65/night for lodging, the flights cost me $595. I couldnt find airfare anywhere near that from PIT.
And the wife doesnt dive and enjoys a nice easy beach

Never been to Cozumel in June before. Been to PDC and further south in July and August, hot as sin. How is the weather, seas, and sealife in June/July. Will be celebrating my 40th while we are there, taking my parents on their first trip out of the country, and meeting up with friends we haven't seen in a year. So all in all, I cant wait 76 days 12 hours 15 min or something like that but who is counting

Early June is my fav time to go. Its warm but not stupid hot like August and July. Mosquitos arent usually terrible yet either as rainy season is just starting. Currents are usually great and docile as storms aren't getting going yet. Last 2 years evenings have been super pleasant!

And yeah airfare is terrible lately. I hope Southwest starts flying direct to Cozumel soon!

June 11th-18th Suites Bahia / Hotel Cozumel Resort Tres Pelicanos

Member.......................Dates..............Staying with............Dive op
Carlos Danger.............5/18-6/6............Casa Mexicana.........Aldora
Horn34.........................5/24-6/2............AirBnB......................Aldora
nashwl..........................5/29-6/3............Sabor........................Living Underwater
TheDaveB....................6/1-6/8..............Casa Del Mar............Cozumel Marine World
amoses.........................6/3-6/12............AirBnB......................Tres Pelicanos
Brules...........................6/7-6/15............Park Royal................Blue XT Sea
Charles2 + 11..............6/7-6/15............Occidental Grand....Pro Dive
Canadave.....................6/8-6/14............Aldora Villas.............Aldora Divers
Sh0rtBus......................6/9-6/15............Grand Serenis..........undecided
keepdivin.....................6/11-6/18..........Suites Bahia.............Tres Pelicanos
Sasha_RI + 1................6/12-6/21..........Residencias Reef.....Tres Pelicanos
JK Oregon & friends....6/17-7/1...........Occidental Grand.....Pro Dive
MrBigFins, son, wife...6/27-7/13..........Allegro.......................Prodive

June 9-15 on the mainland @ Grand Sirenis but rest assured I will be ferrying back and forth to dive the reef. And this time I'm taking a day to dive Dos Ojos since I'll be fairly close to it. Haven't yet chosen a dive op for on the island but I have a couple of ideas. May either use BlueX-Sea or Aldora. Or I may use Dimi Scuba Tours, as that's the operator my LDS uses for their trips. Diana and her guys were great last time I went out with them!

Mouth Breather - we should definitely get together. I will be there the entire time you are.

Member.......................Dates..............Staying with............Dive op
Carlos Danger.............5/18-6/6............Casa Mexicana.........Aldora
Horn34.........................5/24-6/2............AirBnB......................Aldora
nashwl..........................5/29-6/3............Sabor........................Living Underwater
TheDaveB....................6/1-6/8..............Casa Del Mar............Cozumel Marine World
amoses.........................6/3-6/12............AirBnB......................Tres Pelicanos
Brules...........................6/7-6/15............Park Royal................Blue XT Sea
Charles2 + 11..............6/7-6/15............Occidental Grand....Pro Dive
Mouth Breather..........6/7-6-11............Casa Mexicana.........Aldora
Canadave.....................6/8-6/14............Aldora Villas.............Aldora Divers
Sh0rtBus......................6/9-6/15............Grand Serenis..........undecided
keepdivin.....................6/11-6/18..........Suites Bahia.............Tres Pelicanos
Sasha_RI + 1................6/12-6/21..........Residencias Reef.....Tres Pelicanos
JK Oregon & friends....6/17-7/1...........Occidental Grand.....Pro Dive
MrBigFins, son, wife...6/27-7/13..........Allegro.......................Prodive

Back
Top Bottom