Question What Dive Op to use in Cozumel for a newer diver?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP
A

alexthsong

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I will be going to Cozumel sometime around June, at which point I will have taken a nitrox course, and weather permitting, I will have my Advanced Open Water certification. My question is which dive shop I should choose. I would prefer something more personal (no cattle boats), and be able to dive my computer (From what I've been told I have fairly decent air management at depth). From looking at other threads it seems Scuba Tony, Aldora, Tres Pelicanos, Dive Palancar, and Blue Angel seem popular.

Edit: I'm also looking at buying and bringing my own gear, so rinse stations are a must.

I would recommend Aldora for newer divers as well as experienced divers. With seven boats, they can do a good job of matching divers of similar experience and interests. A few times when I wanted to dive in the afternoon or at night, they’ve only had enough divers for one boat and have asked if I mind going with newer divers and I’ve always said yes. I’ve seen how Aldora works with newer divers and can attest that they do a good job. Some of their guides (who are all instructors) are particularly good with newer divers.

By the way, I much prefer the small, fast boats over the bigger boats, despite getting bounced around a bit and getting some spray in the face. I never got to go to Maracaibo, Punta Sur, or even Columbia Deep with an op that uses the bigger boats. In my book, getting matched up with similar divers and getting to go to interesting sites is a fair trade for a little comfort.

Back
Top Bottom